Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 3-6-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 of 31 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,886 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 03 2012 - 03:45 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 31 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 03 2012 - 04:08 PM

I just checked Disney Movie Rewards and I can't find any coupons for Lion King 1.5 or 2.  $41 is a bit steep in my head for those two movies. Possibly Game of Thrones, but we'll see.  Still haven't started watching Boardwalk Empire... Thanks a bunch, Mike!

#3 of 31 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,069 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 03 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Mike!  There is a $5 coupon for Footloose on BD: www.footloosecoupon.com

#4 of 31 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,069 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 03 2012 - 04:29 PM

Game of Thrones and since my daughter is about to lose her first tooth any day now Tooth Fairy 2.  I don't see any mention of it, but I was talking to Universal this past week and they said that Harvey was pushed back to fall, so don't look for it this week.

#5 of 31 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted March 03 2012 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the roundup, Mike. There is a youtube video unboxing Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 which shows the coupon attached to the front for $8 off when you buy them both on the same receipt. I think Target is the only one advertising it but it looks like it may show up on all copies. If so Best Buy's $2 cheaper each so instead of $20.99 each they'll be $18.99 each. With tax they'll still be more expensive than direct to videos should be.

#6 of 31 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 03 2012 - 05:26 PM

Excellent, Bill.  Thanks!  I also just checked Amazon and they are offering the two movies together with the $8 off.  So it should come out to the same price for me whether I do in store or online.  And seeing how BB is dead to me, I'll be doing Amazon.  I'm not in a rush for the movies, but I know this will be the best price we'll get.

#7 of 31 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,847 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 03 2012 - 06:08 PM

My understanding was  9-1/2 Weeks not coming out until March 20th, but that would explain why review copies have been sent out already.

#8 of 31 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,457 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 04 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. I should have the review for the 2D version of Immortals up later today.

#9 of 31 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,435 posts

Posted March 04 2012 - 02:03 AM

$35 for Out of Africa? REALLY Universal?!?

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#10 of 31 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,191 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 04 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'll be picking up To Catch A Thief this week. Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

#11 of 31 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,974 posts

Posted March 04 2012 - 03:44 AM

I am working on my reviews for Footloose (2011) and To Catch a Thief today - and I should have my interview with Footloose director Craig Brewer up today or tomorrow as well.

To Catch a Thief looks and sounds terrific and is such a good price I don't think anyone interested could pass it up!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#12 of 31 OFFLINE   MrsMac

MrsMac

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 04 2012 - 07:37 AM

... but I was talking to Universal this past week and they said that Harvey was pushed back to fall, so don't look for it this week.

Well, gee ... if that means they'll put the closed-captions in (they are there on the old DVD), and take out the color - then I'm all for a delay. :rolleyes: :D Color? Seriously? At the Amazon site it says:

Format: Color, Full Screen Language: English

Until they add the CC back in and remove the color, this is a non-buy for us.

#13 of 31 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted March 04 2012 - 12:15 PM

$35 for Out of Africa? REALLY Universal?!? :td:

I, too, am a bit taken aback by this. :confused: Also--is this the improved image quality we've been promised? If it is, I'm still gonna wait for it to come down in price by at least two-thirds! :P
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#14 of 31 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,974 posts

Posted March 04 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hi Mike - my Footloose (2011) review (and interview with the director) went up this afternoon: http://www.hometheat...-blu-ray-review

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#15 of 31 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,457 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 04 2012 - 02:23 PM

My review for Immortals can be found here.

There may be other Fox and/or Disney title reviews for this week, but I have no way of knowing what will or won't be sent.

#16 of 31 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,971 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 05 2012 - 03:03 AM

Is it just me, or is the price difference between the DVD and BD of the new Transformers cartoon completely ludicrous? Even Amazon is charging nearly double for the BD (and BB is charging well MORE than double). FWIW, back during the holidays, I think I paid $45 for the complete 8-disc Lion King set (which includes the sequels) from Amazon. In my experience, if it was that cheap before, it'll be that cheap again. I will definitely be getting Game of Thrones on BD -- when it shows up at Costco for $20. :)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#17 of 31 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,457 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 05 2012 - 02:21 PM

The review for Tooth Fairy 2 can be found here.

#18 of 31 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,886 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2012 - 03:24 PM

[quote]Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss [url=/t/319016/weekly-roundup-3-6-2012#post_3903309]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#19 of 31 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,505 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 05 2012 - 03:29 PM

Is it just me, or is the price difference between the DVD and BD of the new Transformers cartoon completely ludicrous? Even Amazon is charging nearly double for the BD (and BB is charging well MORE than double). FWIW, back during the holidays, I think I paid $45 for the complete 8-disc Lion King set (which includes the sequels) from Amazon. In my experience, if it was that cheap before, it'll be that cheap again. I will definitely be getting Game of Thrones on BD -- when it shows up at Costco for $20. :)

$35 isn't too bad for an HBO series on blu. Still I'll snag it form$20 with $5 in BB reward points and $10 in shop kick points. Blind buy for me and that is rare. Since I have read how great it is I thought i'd give it a go with the extra money points I have.
facebook.com/whotony

#20 of 31 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,971 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 06 2012 - 02:44 AM

I haven't seen the show, but the book was great (which is saying something, because I've almost given up on reading fiction in general). The second book was. . .pretty good. That's as far as I've read. :)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users