Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Laminate Floor question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Powertool Patty

Powertool Patty

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 02:31 PM

I just put in a floating laminate floor, I have a concrete step going from the kitchen to the laundry room that is rounded at the corner. I am trying to put laminate on top and on the face of the step but I don't know how to get the laminate to bend around the corner. Is there a way to get the laminate to bend around the front of the step?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 03:59 PM

I cannot directly suggest this as I have not worked with laminate. But I would imagine that you could kerf cut it. At least that should give you a place to start searching. If the radius is not too big, you could go with matched wood at that point.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 04:47 PM

Kerf cutting would never work. Do you have the correct finishing pieces you will need to apply the product to the stair? Most manufacturers do have the items needed to cover the stairs so if you do not have them go back and get the finishing pieces you will need. The rounded corner is a problem. Maybe the manufacturer sells the item you will need but I have not seen them. Many do sell sheet laminate that matches the flooring and is probably flexible enough to bend a corner. Here is a link to a video showing the installation of laminate flooring to a stair. Perhaps it will help you in your quest. Laminate Flooring Flushmount Stair Nose

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted March 03 2012 - 04:07 PM

I would look at correcting the rounded edge with something, such as framing in some plywood over the top and front. Properly secured, you could then put the laminate on top of it.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 03 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi Patty! Welcome to Home Theater Forum. I hope you find the info you're looking for. Btw there is a new member area that includes a few informative links to help you make your way around the Forum . http://www.hometheat...r-introductions
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JayJim

JayJim

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 12:13 AM

How to deal with laminate floor heating and spacing in them? Shaw flooring

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts

Posted March 22 2012 - 02:32 PM

Patty come back!
facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 12:27 AM

Hi Jonathan. Welcome to The Home Theater Forum. You probably shouldn't have your full address posted there just something like MD or Earth would be better.
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   jonathanmathew

jonathanmathew

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hi Jonathan. Welcome to The Home Theater Forum. You probably shouldn't have your full address posted there just something like MD or Earth would be better.

OK.. thanx for that :)