What's new

AT&T throttling usage on their so-called "unlimited" plan (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I was desperate financially a few years ago and worked for an AT&T call center for about three months.
They couldn't give a shit about the customer and I will never, ever do business with them. Their entire business plan is "ripoff the customer as much as possible".
They don't care, especially about what is called "churn", when they lose customers to other vendors. There are still enough people that start up with them they don't care if they lose customers, new buyers or people ticked off with other vendors will mistakenly come to them.
They treat their employees like crap, you are forced to work in sweatshops, and they change their rules, policies, plans you can offer, etc. with no notice.
If you have an older plan and are happy with it, keep it, so far you're grandfathered in to the old plan. If you make one change to it, you will never get it back. A CSR can push one button and it's gone for good. The way their computer system is written, you can't add customers back to old plans, they're history, you now have to sell them a new one.
Scum, pure scum. Good luck to those of you with them now, they'll invent a new way to rip you off in the future with magical fees or whatever else they can come up with. The recent throttling plans are just a start.
Obviously I'm not an AT&T fan and never will be.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
FWIW, on Verizon LTE (4G) you can do simultaneous voice and data if the phone supports it. Hopefully that will include the next iPhone. As it happens, Verizon is expanding LTE this week. Also, I believe one of HTC's 3G android phones (Thunderbolt) also supported sim. voice/data with a special chipset but I don't think any other phones have that feature.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks