-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Glades (season 2 on A&E)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 08:13 AM

So, as noted in the season 1 thread, season 2 started this past Sunday on A&E.

I've finally had a chance to watch the opener today.  Not too bad, picks up more or less where things left off last season.  One big change (thus far) is dropping the back-story voiceover in the credits sequence.  I found this a bit annoying, as there are times during the story that Longworth comes over as a bit of a jerk with no obvious reasoning why.  The back-story really helped quell that feeling, as it gave him a good reason for his attitude.

I still enjoy the snarky comments he throws out, they make things fun.

#2 of 13 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,026 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted June 13 2011 - 10:16 PM

Calie has to be the most un-likable characters on TV right now.

She wont go out with Jim but gets mad/upset when his hot ex-partner comes to town.

I don't feel any chemistry at all between Callie and Jim.

If this were not a summer series, I would not even watch it. But since there is nothing else on for me this time of year, I will stick it out a little longer.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#3 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted June 28 2011 - 02:34 PM

So, end of episode 4 (the NASCAR episode), and a big change for Callie and Jeff. Opens things up a bit more, and puts Jim back into the line of fire now. I do agree with Scott-S in that there's not been as much chemistry between Callie and Jim this season (especially as compared to last season), but that may also be partly due to the circumstances they've been put into. We'll see what happens over the next few episodes...

#4 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 05:46 AM

No episode this week due to the long weekend. Alas.

#5 of 13 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,102 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 21 2012 - 07:00 AM

The season is over and I have a couple of observations: 1) The out-of-state boss in to the check-out Jim dressed like a high class hooker for her first few episodes. Her wardrobe did become a little more believable as time went on. However, she never impressed me as having the...the... gravitas to be a section chief or whatever she was called. I could never buy into it. From the moment I saw her I knew she had been brought in to provide some romantic tension. 2) Overall, this season did not measure up to season 1. Still a fun show, but I hope they raise the level next season.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 11:02 AM

The season is over and I have a couple of observations: 1) The out-of-state boss in to the check-out Jim dressed like a high class hooker for her first few episodes. Her wardrobe did become a little more believable as time went on. However, she never impressed me as having the...the... gravitas to be a section chief or whatever she was called. I could never buy into it. From the moment I saw her I knew she had been brought in to provide some romantic tension. 2) Overall, this season did not measure up to season 1. Still a fun show, but I hope they raise the level next season.

I suspect that you're referring to season 3 with those comments. If Callie was in another city (Atlanta?) for the season, then it was definitely season 3.

#7 of 13 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,102 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 21 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yup, you're right. Season 3.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 13 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 29 2013 - 06:14 PM

Season 4 Premiere was Monday  and judging from the Season 2 AND  3 "Thread"  being 7 posts in total, my guess is viewership is limited.

#9 of 13 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,026 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 02:32 AM

I want to like this show and have watched every episode. I just can't stand the forced relationship with Callie. This seems to be true with most shows it seems. For some reason they feel proceedurals need relationship tension. It works on Bones and Castle better because both people are part of the solving of the crimes. Right now Callie's role is just as an annoyance. And looking at the preview of the next episode, her son is also going to become an issue.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection

#10 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 06:39 PM

Aside, season 3 of this series is only available as an MOD title.

I finally was able to sit down and watch season 4's premiere tonight. Seems that the "supernatural" is going to be something of a theme this season (based on previews of the most recent episode -- zombies!)

#11 of 13 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,026 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 06:28 AM

Since this is the season 2 thread, and there were no threads for the last 2 seasons, it should come as no surprise that Glades is now Cancelled. They ended on a really big cliffhanger which is pretty lame. :(

(if there was a season 3, or 4 thread, I couldn't find it.)

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection

#12 of 13 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sadly, I didn't get to see season 3 until 2-3 months after it was completed, but I actually kept up with this season.

With the explosion of conversation you saw from the season 2 thread, I didn't really bother with a season 4 thread. Ah well.

Overall, I enjoyed this season more than season 3, but things got a bit predictable with the overall arc in the last 3-4 episodes I thought. The mysteries were still fun, and the final episode was excellent, going back to that insane level of Jim balancing things to get the job done.

#13 of 13 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 31 2013 - 04:01 PM

Since this isn't listed as a S4 thread I'll put the rest in spoilers for speculation:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users