What's new

The Glades (season 2 on A&E) (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, as noted in the season 1 thread, season 2 started this past Sunday on A&E.

I've finally had a chance to watch the opener today. Not too bad, picks up more or less where things left off last season. One big change (thus far) is dropping the back-story voiceover in the credits sequence. I found this a bit annoying, as there are times during the story that Longworth comes over as a bit of a jerk with no obvious reasoning why. The back-story really helped quell that feeling, as it gave him a good reason for his attitude.

I still enjoy the snarky comments he throws out, they make things fun.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Calie has to be the most un-likable characters on TV right now.
She wont go out with Jim but gets mad/upset when his hot ex-partner comes to town.

I don't feel any chemistry at all between Callie and Jim.

If this were not a summer series, I would not even watch it. But since there is nothing else on for me this time of year, I will stick it out a little longer.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, end of episode 4 (the NASCAR episode), and a big change for Callie and Jeff.
Opens things up a bit more, and puts Jim back into the line of fire now.
I do agree with Scott-S in that there's not been as much chemistry between Callie and Jim this season (especially as compared to last season), but that may also be partly due to the circumstances they've been put into. We'll see what happens over the next few episodes...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The season is over and I have a couple of observations:
1) The out-of-state boss in to the check-out Jim dressed like a high class hooker for her first few episodes. Her wardrobe did become a little more believable as time went on. However, she never impressed me as having the...the... gravitas to be a section chief or whatever she was called. I could never buy into it. From the moment I saw her I knew she had been brought in to provide some romantic tension.
2) Overall, this season did not measure up to season 1. Still a fun show, but I hope they raise the level next season.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Johnny Angell said:
The season is over and I have a couple of observations:
1) The out-of-state boss in to the check-out Jim dressed like a high class hooker for her first few episodes. Her wardrobe did become a little more believable as time went on. However, she never impressed me as having the...the... gravitas to be a section chief or whatever she was called. I could never buy into it. From the moment I saw her I knew she had been brought in to provide some romantic tension.
2) Overall, this season did not measure up to season 1. Still a fun show, but I hope they raise the level next season.
I suspect that you're referring to season 3 with those comments. If Callie was in another city (Atlanta?) for the season, then it was definitely season 3.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I want to like this show and have watched every episode. I just can't stand the forced relationship with Callie. This seems to be true with most shows it seems. For some reason they feel proceedurals need relationship tension. It works on Bones and Castle better because both people are part of the solving of the crimes. Right now Callie's role is just as an annoyance. And looking at the preview of the next episode, her son is also going to become an issue.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Aside, season 3 of this series is only available as an MOD title.

I finally was able to sit down and watch season 4's premiere tonight. Seems that the "supernatural" is going to be something of a theme this season (based on previews of the most recent episode -- zombies!)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Since this is the season 2 thread, and there were no threads for the last 2 seasons, it should come as no surprise that Glades is now Cancelled. They ended on a really big cliffhanger which is pretty lame. :(

(if there was a season 3, or 4 thread, I couldn't find it.)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Sadly, I didn't get to see season 3 until 2-3 months after it was completed, but I actually kept up with this season.

With the explosion of conversation you saw from the season 2 thread, I didn't really bother with a season 4 thread. Ah well.

Overall, I enjoyed this season more than season 3, but things got a bit predictable with the overall arc in the last 3-4 episodes I thought. The mysteries were still fun, and the final episode was excellent, going back to that insane level of Jim balancing things to get the job done.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Since this isn't listed as a S4 thread I'll put the rest in spoilers for speculation:
How do you write the resolution of the S4 cliffhanger1) Jim actually dies and the team has to work to find the real shooter2) Jim survives paralyzed ala Cannon3) Jim survives and if perfectly OK4) Jim survives but due to blood loss and shock has amnesiaThe shooter is:1) Somebody Jim arrested and holds a grudge2) Ray or someone Ray hired to take Jim out.3) Ray;s Mother or Ray's Brother/Wife4) Somebody we don't know related to the House or just a random break-in/robbery5) Disgruntled ex Girlfriend or prospective GF -- The Seminole Cop, The incrdibly inappropriate dressing "Supervisor," Callie's Friend the rich Girl Pharmaceutical Rep.6a) Disgruntled Cop/exCop from Chicago6b) Disgruntled Cop/exCop from Florida7) The same shooter that did Branch in Longmire

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks