Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HELP WITH PIONNER CLD D704 LASERDISC PLAYER

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   hingber

hingber

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 08:18 AM

I have a Pioneer CLD D704 laserdisc player that will not play laserdiscs but does play CDs. I set this unit to play CDs only about 8 years ago. It did a great job. Now I sold the unit to someone who wants to play laserdiscs. When he tried a laserdisc the unit started fine but shut off after 5 seconds. He took the cover off and saw the discs spin and then stop. The CDs play fine. He cleaned the rubber pad or washer that makes contact with the laserdisc but that did not help. Checking around I got info like the spindle motor might be able to spin the CDs but not the heavier laserdisc. Can the spindle motor be lubricated with a drop of oil? Could something else aside from the spindle motor be causing this problem? Is it worth fixing with this problem?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,353 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 21 2011 - 10:13 AM

Howard: I used to keep an old Beta Hifi VCR in operation with a drop or two of lightweight oil on the drive motor.  I don't see what the harm would be.  Definitely worth a shot. BTW, I deleted your identical threads in the other forums.  We ask only one thread per subject please.  This is the correct forum for your query. And...I knew some Ingbers here in upstate New York.  Is it a common name? Good luck!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

Producer

• 3,061 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted April 22 2011 - 01:18 AM

Send an E-Mail to Kurtis Bahr and he'll respond.  I have a 704 in the secondary basement system and an Elite 79 in the main system which are essentially the same machine.  I got the 704 for that reason and per his instruction got an extra spindle motor and another part or two that is more prone to problems so I could keep at least one of them running long term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users