Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Naughty Marietta and Sweetheatrts on April

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 RafaelPires

RafaelPires

Second Unit

• 478 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 09:57 AM

Movies unlimited is listing both for an exclusive April release.  I wonder if they will be pressed discs or dvdr.

#2 of 8 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,467 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 10:30 AM

These are listed on the TCM Exclusive website, so they are part of the TCM/Universal releases.  For some reason, despite clearly being a double feature of Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald films, there is no 2 disc set with both of these titles.  Hopefully, it will be updated on TCM.com later.

These will almost certainly be released pressed.

#3 of 8 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,555 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 22 2011 - 11:35 AM

Could this not be part of a TCM Spotlight release that they have done with Warner's before, such the Doris Day, Charlie Chan and Esther Williams releases?  It is about time for one of those to be announced,  Which would lend itself to being pressed and most welcomed.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4 of 8 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,467 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ahollis 

Could this not be part of a TCM Spotlight release that they have done with Warner's before, such the Doris Day, Charlie Chan and Esther Williams releases?  It is about time for one of those to be announced,  Which would lend itself to being pressed and most welcomed.

No.  The TCM Shop has "Exclusive!" at the end of each title.  They only put that on their TCM/Universal titles (and that very short-lived Westchester films DVD-r line), which aren't sold in general retail.

You're right in being a bit suspicious, though.  These are both movies that were made at MGM.  A new line, perhaps?

#5 of 8 Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 01:12 PM

Y not ask WAC on Facebook?

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#6 of 8 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,555 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 22 2011 - 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by JoHud 

No.  The TCM Shop has "Exclusive!" at the end of each title.  They only put that on their TCM/Universal titles (and that very short-lived Westchester films DVD-r line), which aren't sold in general retail.

You're right in being a bit suspicious, though.  These are both movies that were made at MGM.  A new line, perhaps?

It certainly is not a TCM/Universal title.  Those films are still owned by Warner Brothers.  Warner Archive on Facebook has stated the Eddy/McDonald titles were coming, they just didn't say how and seem to indicate it was awhile away.

But however they get to us is welcomed.

Edit:  The banner above the title on the TCM site says TCM VAULT COLLECTION/WARNER ARCHIVES COLLECTION, just as it does on all Warner Archive titles they sell.  What you have discovered are two titles that are going to be released through the Warner's Archives Collection on April 26th.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#7 of 8 battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 674 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted February 23 2011 - 08:59 AM

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BEST PICTURE NOMINEE FOR MY COLLECTION!!!!!! Now I don't have to use the copy I burnt from my PVR! Woot! It's a ok movie, but I need it for my collection...

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#8 of 8 mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted February 23 2011 - 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by battlebeast 

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BEST PICTURE NOMINEE FOR MY COLLECTION!!!!!! Now I don't have to use the copy I burnt from my PVR! Woot! It's a ok movie, but I need it for my collection...

Considering that you're very likely to get a burnt disc, I'm not sure just how much of a difference there will be from your PVR version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users