Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: All the President's Men

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,561 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 30 2012 - 05:18 PM

My wife and I just watched this and in he closing credits we noticed F. Murray Abraham. We both are wondering where was he? He was listed in an alphabetical listing of about 50 actors who "co-starred". I restarted the movie with the commentary on and saw him early on. Immediately after the courtroom scene at the beginning, there's a meeting in an office at the paper. He is one of two actors who are just there with no lines. This was not our first watching of the film. Still a great film.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,327 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 07:43 PM

My wife and I just watched this and in he closing credits we noticed F. Murray Abraham. We both are wondering where was he? He was listed in an alphabetical listing of about 50 actors who "co-starred". I restarted the movie with the commentary on and saw him early on. Immediately after the courtroom scene at the beginning, there's a meeting in an office at the paper. He is one of two actors who are just there with no lines. This was not our first watching of the film. Still a great film.
Great post! Thanks for the trivia as well! I picked up the film in late last year. I had only seen it one other time years before, but it was so much fun to watch it again. Great film!

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,517 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 12:22 PM

What I find frightening is that, other than ROLLING STONE and MOTHER JONES and a few other magazines, fearless investigative journalism such as that of Woodward and Bernstein have become a thing of the past, much to the detriment of all Americans who wish to be kept informed with facts rather than gossip and spin.

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 06:28 PM

Interesting that in all the extras, no mention of William Goldman, who won an Oscar for the screenplay. As Goldman notes in "Adventures in the Screen Trade," writers get no respect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users