Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Blu-Ray Disc Changer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JoeDiMarco93

• 1 posts

Posted February 10 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ok, this is becoming annoying... Due to the recent "budget cutbacks" for myself, I have not been able to construct a home theater as I have been wanting for quite some time. But, I think the time is finally here!   Sooo, i'm sure everyone is aware of the Sony BDP-CX7000ES - 400 Disc Blu-Ray Mega Changer! Problem is, it has too many faults! The 400 disc capacity is FANTASTIC, but the lack of 3D support, a poor UI, slow speed, and many other drawbacks are annoying, especially since Sony hasn't made any changes to the thing since its initial 2008 release... I expect more from an ES product. One major plus is the price (only $1900), also the home automation certification. Honestly, I'm sure it cant be to hard to upload a Kaleidescape-like UI onto a system like this, and it SURE AS HELL doesn't have to cost the price of a new Ford 

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Rich Allen

Rich Allen

Second Unit

• 383 posts
  • LocationSalisbury MD

Posted February 13 2011 - 09:43 PM

Actually, you can pick one up at a Sony Outlet for $399.99.  I grabbed one at the Rehoboth Beach DE store.  They are blowing them out.  It's marked B-Stock and in the original box, not refurb so from what I've read, it still has the 5 year warranty too.  They are going fast. I suspect they are coming  out with a new model that will probably have most of that.  This one I believe does support SACD from what I've read in the manual.  I seriously doubt though anyone will bother with DVD audio though. I personally don't care about 3D, wireless or multi-linking.  I'm sure a lot do though.  Faster access times and a better gui would be nice though.  A keyboard interface too.  For this price too, can't beat it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users