Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 Discussion Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,160 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 22 2010 - 08:07 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Paranormal Activity 2". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Paranormal Activity 2" should be posted to the 
Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 4 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted October 22 2010 - 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

You nailed it, Michael.

The first one built up suspense by making me wonder if something was going to come out of the darkness. This one just has boatloads of cheap LOUD NOISE scares (I can walk up behind you and scream in your ear and you'll jump but that's not being scary, it's just startling someone) and, except for the level of suspense, this one is so much like the original that it makes the Friday The 13th sequels look different and inspired.

And for those that have seen it, was there a section of the movie, beginning with the dog attack, where everything that moves 'jitters' onscreen? It started at that one specific point where things started to get really crazy so I figured it was supposed to be like the ghosts were effecting the cameras too but it kept going and going. I could hear people whispering "Is it supposed to be like this?" and I wasn't entirely sure myself.

The jitters were there when I watched the movie.  What I didn't understand is how this "spirit" could make so much noise to where at one point it woke up the teenage girl yet it didn't wake her parents.  A few nights later you had the same noise that woke all three people up.  It seemed like the movie was just put together in patches and there wasn't any real connection to anything going on.  Another thing that got under my skin is that all of this mysterious stuff is happening and they only go to the recorder a few times to see what has happened.

Nothing really seemed to add up in terms of what was going on.  One second it was perhaps selling the kid to Satan.  One second there were evil spirits.  Another time it might have been a possession.  I'm a little confused on how the mom got dragged through the air and down the steps if it was she the whole time who was possessed.

Perhaps I'm crazy but I remember watching PA and remembering it being downright freezing in the theater.  I know the coldness is something that many people say you will feel when you encounter real events like what's in the film.  The theater also had PA2 freezing this afternoon so I was wondering if perhaps the studio is making theater owners turn down the climate.  I was curious if anyone else was freezing during the movie.  After it was over I slipped into another movie just to see if every theater was cold but that wasn't the case.

#3 of 4 neli

neli

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted November 03 2010 - 06:50 PM

I have watched Paranormal Activity 2 movie last week and i really enjoyed a lot while watching it.This movie is too horrified and it will make the blood from our body to move here and there in the veins.

#4 of 4 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Elliott 

I'm a little confused on how the mom got dragged through the air and down the steps if it was she the whole time who was possessed.

I don't think either of the sisters were possessed until after they were dragged and bitten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users