Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS starring Jack Black

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,457 posts

Posted June 05 2010 - 10:42 AM

Has anyone seen the trailer for this?  Normally, I don't like to judge movies solely on their trailers, but this looks almost intentionally awful...

http://trailers.appl...lliverstravels/

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#2 of 3 patrickdavid

patrickdavid

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 05 2010 - 10:47 AM

I don't know it doesn't look half bad actually. I enjoyed the beginning with Amanda Peet, I love her, she's pretty great. But then it got a little too "Night at the Museum" for me with the whole Bermuda Triangle ordeal.... I'd give it a shot since there seems to be some good cameo's.

#3 of 3 Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,457 posts

Posted June 06 2010 - 04:51 PM

I don't know; I actually don't have a problem with Jack Black in general, but this just looks like a completely wrong-headed approach.  I don't mean to sound pretentious, but the original novel is bursting with ideas, elegance, and pointed social commentary/satire.  Even if you're going to set it in the present-day, why turn it into a dumb comedy?

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users