-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS starring Jack Black

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted June 05 2010 - 10:42 AM

Has anyone seen the trailer for this?  Normally, I don't like to judge movies solely on their trailers, but this looks almost intentionally awful...

http://trailers.appl...lliverstravels/

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#2 of 3 patrickdavid

patrickdavid

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 05 2010 - 10:47 AM

I don't know it doesn't look half bad actually. I enjoyed the beginning with Amanda Peet, I love her, she's pretty great. But then it got a little too "Night at the Museum" for me with the whole Bermuda Triangle ordeal.... I'd give it a shot since there seems to be some good cameo's.

#3 of 3 Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted June 06 2010 - 04:51 PM

I don't know; I actually don't have a problem with Jack Black in general, but this just looks like a completely wrong-headed approach.  I don't mean to sound pretentious, but the original novel is bursting with ideas, elegance, and pointed social commentary/satire.  Even if you're going to set it in the present-day, why turn it into a dumb comedy?

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."