|The BDP-80 is a full-featured universal Blu-ray Disc™ player that supports BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live and BonusView), DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), HDCD, CD and other popular media formats such as AVCHD, MKV video files, digital photos and music. Sharing the same decoder and similarly optimized firmware as OPPO’s award-winning BDP-83, the BDP-80 features fast disc load times, quick response to user operations, and robust audio and video controls. In contrast to the BDP-83, which utilizes an onboard VRS by Anchor Bay video processor, the BDP-80 design has been optimized for use as a digital audio/video transport, emphasizing the accuracy of its digital audio/video outputs. At the same time, the BDP-80 is versatile enough to be used as a stand-alone universal Blu-ray player, thanks to its full array of output connections and audio/video decoding capabilities. |
For video, the BDP-80 features an HDMI 1.3 port that supports 1080p Full HD, 1080p 24Hz, Deep Color and Source Direct modes. Component video, S-Video and Composite video connections are also available for legacy analog displays. In addition to its faithful reproduction of high-definition pictures on Blu-ray Discs, the player can up-convert DVD from standard definition up to 1080p to maximize DVD picture quality. Its "Source Direct" output mode makes the BDP-80 incredibly well suited as a digital transport to feed into an external video processor, a high-end A/V receiver or display device with built-in video processing. Unique features such as subtitle shift and vertical stretch zoom mode makes the player an ideal source component for home theaters with 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) displays.
For audio, the BDP-80 supports internal decoding and bitstream output of the latest sound formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master audio. The BDP-80 also features a configurable 7.1-channel analog output that can be set as 7.1-channel, 5.1-channel, or stereo. When playing SACD, the BDP-80 can output DSD (Direct Stream Digital) over HDMI in its native format or convert it into high-resolution PCM. For compatibility with many legacy A/V receivers and DACs, the BDP-80 also provides an optical and coaxial digital audio output.
The initial setup of the BDP-80 is a breeze with its Easy Setup Wizard and well-written manual. Setup menus on the player can be accessed without interruption to disc playback. The front and back USB 2.0 ports enable easy access to music, photo and video files. The BDP-80 comes standard with 1GB of internal storage built-in so that no additional memory card or flash drive is needed to use BD-Live and BonusView features. Featuring a front panel with brushed metallic appearance and a dimmable display, the BDP-80 fits nicely in any home theater environment, ranging from simple to high-end.
Complete Media Support:
- Blu-ray Disc - The high definition Blu-ray Disc™ format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
- BonusVIEW - BD "Profile 1.1" enables "picture-in-picture" and secondary audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
- BD-Live™ - BDP-80 supports BD "Profile 2.0" and contains all necessary hardware - audio/video decoder, Ethernet port, and 1GB of internal storage - for BD-Live.
- DVD Up-Conversion - The BDP-80 up-converts DVD from standard definition up to 1080p output. The up-converted video maximizes DVD picture quality and bridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs.
- DVD-Audio - The BDP-80 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- SACD - The BDP-80 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. The BDP-80 can output DSD (Direct Stream Digital) over HDMI in its native format or convert into PCM. (Analog audio output for SACD supports PCM mode only, and is not available when DSD over HDMI is in use.)
- Additional Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MKV, and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-80.
Excellent Video Quality:
- Full HD 1080p Output - The BDP-80 features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and up to 1080p 50 or 60Hz.
- True 24p™ Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-80 can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience.
- Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, high-end audio/video receiver or display, the BDP-80 offers a ™Source Direct™ mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
- Multiple Zoom Modes - The BDP-80 supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming, including a vertical stretch mode for customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system.
- Subtitle Shift - The BDP-80 is able to shift subtitles up or down on the video screen. This feature makes it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display system.
- HDMI - HDMI is an all digital interface for the cleanest possible connection. It delivers high-quality digital video and audio through a single cable. The BDP-80 features an HDMI v1.3 output with 30-bit and 36-bit Deep Color support.
High Fidelity Audio:
- Dolby® TrueHD - Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The BDP-80 supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.3 output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.)
- DTS-HD Master Audio™ - DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-80 supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
- 7.1-Channel Analog Output - Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-80 delivers an immersive surround experience. For users with a stereo sound system, the 7.1-channel analog output can be configured to down-mix the surround audio into stereo.
- Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs - For easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-80 features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
- Dual USB Ports - Two USB 2.0 high speed ports are provided, one on the front panel and one on the back. Users can enjoy high definition video, high resolution photos and music directly from their USB drives.
- PAL/NTSC Conversion - The BDP-80 supports NTSC and PAL systems for both disc playback and video output. It can also convert content of one system for output in another. (Subject to DVD and BD region restrictions.)
- Glow-in-the-Dark Remote Control - The BDP-80 comes with a remote control with glow-in-the-dark buttons. With its ergonomic button layout and clear labeling, operating the Blu-ray Disc player is easy and intuitive.
- Universal Power Supply - The BDP-80 features a wide-range world power supply that is compatible with the AC power of all regions. No worries about damaging the player due to incorrect power voltage.
- HDMI CEC - HDMI Consumer Electronics Control simplifies the home theater by allowing a single remote control to operate multiple devices.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Disc Types*||BD-Video, DVD-Video, AVCHD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD|
CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
|BD Profile||BD-ROM Version 2 Profile 2 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)|
|Internal Storage||1GB (Actual available storage varies due to system usage)|
|Output||Analog Audio: 7.1ch (also supports 5.1ch and stereo modes)|
Digital Audio: Coaxial, Optical
HDMI Audio: Stereo, up to 7.1ch high-resolution PCM, up to 5.1ch DSD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream output or decoded into LPCM.
Analog Video: Composite, S-Video, Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr, 480i/480p, 720p/1080i available for non-restricted content only)
Digital Video: HDMI with HDCP (NTSC: 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24, PAL 576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24)
|Video Characteristics||Composite Video Amplitude: 1.0Vp-p (75Ω)|
Component Video: Y: 1.0Vp-p (75Ω), Pb/Pr: 0.7Vp-p (75Ω)
|Audio Characteristics**||Frequency: 20Hz - 20kHz (±0.3dB)|
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: < 0.008% (1kHz at 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
|General Specification||Power Supply: ~ 100V - 240V, 50/60Hz AC|
Power Consumption: 30W (< 1W Standby)
Dimensions: 430mm x 281mm x 53mm, 16-7/8 x 11 x 2-1/8 inches
Mass: 3.5kg / 7.7 lbs
|Operating Temperature||5°C - 35°C|
41°F - 95°F
|Operating Humidity||15% - 75%|
* Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best-effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used.