-

Photo
- - - - -

History Channel's "Beatles on Record"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted December 24 2009 - 02:08 PM

History Channel often does moments and documentaries that of course won't get there own thread, but if you're a Beatles fan, you really should take the effort to watch "Beatles on Record".  It's a pretty solid, short (1 hour) documentary about their progression recording in studio.  Really reminds you exactly how much fun it really is to see and hear them perform.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,610 posts

Posted December 25 2009 - 08:47 PM

This is actually/sort-of-kind-of compilation of the documentaries on the Beatles re-masters discs.

I hadn't watched the DVD of the docus that came with the box set, but after 'part one' of the History Channel show I realized what it was and popped in the DVD to check.

With the first segment (at least), the DVD contains information not contained on the Hist Chnl show (as expected), but the Hist Chnl docu also has information not contained in the DVD!  That really surprised me.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,512 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 29 2009 - 06:28 AM

I caught a few minutes of this documentary (had family over, so it was tough to pay close attention). I did notice some clips that I have previously seen on other documentaries, such as The Compleat Beatles and Anthology. I didn' notice anything new or fresh in the parts I was able to watch.