What's new

HT-BD1250T wireless won't connect to network or drops immediately (1 Viewer)

btlfan64

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I purchased the above HT system to be able to watch netflix online and youtube vids. I purchased the Samsung wireless adapter as recommended by Best Buy. It rarely connects to the network (Linksys WRT610N V1) and then when it does say connected it tries to connect on netflix/youtube but then immediately drops. I've tried both the 2.4 and 5ghz and no go. My iphone and laptop stay connected. I've tried turning off all other wireless devices but still doesn't work. This is my second wireless adapter and it still won't connect. It is oh so frustrating!! I've even updated the firmware to the latest version and the HT system seems to work just fine. Even before the firmware upgrade it rarely connected....Any clues on this??

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
How far is your wireless access point (WAP, router, cable modem, what-have-you) from the Blu Ray player? How much furniture/metal is between the wireless adapter and line-of-sight to the access point? Most of the problems I've read about with Blu Ray and wireless connections seem to involve weak or corrupt signals. (I have the Best Buy Insigna wireless Blu Ray player and have spent some time on their forum and others researching this kind of thing. Ironically I've had other problems with the thing - to the point where I'm on my 2nd player in less than a week - but the wireless stuff worked flawless both times. I knew from my rsearch that there was a firmware update needed for Netflix access and to fix some earlier wifi bugs, so I downloaded that to a USB key with my laptop and plugged it in before I even powered either player up for the first time. Once the firmware was loaded and the players rebooted, wireless setup was a breeze and I've never lost the connection.)

You might consider a signal booster or an amplified antenna if the player and the source of the wireless signal are far apart, especially if it is buried deep in an entertainment center, surrounded by other electronics.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks