What's new

80's Animated Series on Box Sets? (2 Viewers)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys: In recent years, we've had The Real Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and the Transformers come out on box sets. Are there any other cartoon programs from that era that could come out likewise?

Jem and the Holograms?
Silverhawks?
Gobots
?
Beetlejuice?

Jearl

Pamchops

Auditioning
Real Name
Pam
Jem did come out on DVD a few years ago. While they didn't release the entire series, they did release two box sets: seasons 1&2 and season 3 part 1. I picked up the first set and LOVED it, but never got around to picking up the second set, and it's far too expensive to buy these days.

Hopefully it will be re-released in its entirety someday! It would go well along my other 80's cartoons - He-Man; She-Ra; Ghostbusters; and Thundercats!

-Pam

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
i WOULD like to see go bots. i also liked go -bots better then transfomer. i would like to see swat kats. i think their 1990s cartoon.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by heathjack

i WOULD like to see go bots. i also liked go -bots better then transfomer. i would like to see swat kats. i think their 1990s cartoon.
Gobots was a great cartoon. WB owns it, so we will never see it on dvd.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
1 ) Warner Brothers is actually more likely to release this kind of stuff than anyone else. They've released a huge mass of animated series over the last few years.

2) Silverhawks has been released, or at least the first volume with four discs worth - by Warner. And. incidentally, the previous release of this by "Vortex Films" was a bootleg.

It was Warner that did a complete release of Thundercats. I can't imagine any other big studio doing that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

Gobots was a great cartoon. WB owns it, so we will never see it on dvd.
Like Nebiroth said, Gobots being in Warner's hands is actually a very good thing. They've shown they can and will do quality sets for their animated properties. MUCH better than any other studio, aside from the now defunct BCI. Disney just got on board with X-Men volumes this year and are horrible on their catalogue. Paramount and Sony do next to nothing, IIRC.

I'm still waiting for my thirteen episode set of Thundarr and Visionaries, just for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks