What's new

SNL Forever Kittens skit? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Need a bit of help. I'm looking for a Saturday Night Live skit. SNL did a skit in the 90s (?) called "Forever Kittens" or similar. It was a mock ad, about a service that would send in clowns to distract your kids, while secretly replacing your boring cat with a new kitten. This way you would always have a fun kitten for your family and on one would be the wiser.

Is this online? I can't find it. If you know the name of the skit or how to find it online, I'd appreciate it.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Do you remember who was in it? I searched the SNL transcripts site and didn't find anything related to "Forever Kittens."

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Closest I could find was this Video and a comment further down that indicates an Conan Obrien series of skits about Forever Puppies/Kittens/Kiddies. I haven't been able to track down anything to confirm it was Conan though it could be a variation of something from when he was a SNL writer (I thought about SCTV or MADTV as well). I could be that the poster screwed it up also.
www.cracked.com/video_17340_easy-way-make-your-cat-fun-again.html

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If anyone has a source, I am looking for a skit with Chris Elliot as an ad exec who is trying to create a jingle for a candy bar called Nutastic (or something like that). But his attempts were met with disapproval, as the jingles ended, "It's nut really good" and "It's nut something you want in your mouth".

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
I think it was called "Nut-a-rific." As in "Nut-a-rific, Nut-a-rific, it does NUT taste good!" (or "it's NUT very good" or a few other permutations).

RyanAn

Screenwriter
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/
is a site i'd recommend. i'm trying to look for you, it sounds familiar.
the one i'm thinking of is of a skit were the host came on and said something like "tired of having to explain death to your children? just trade in your old dog for a puppy and don't think twice."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You're probably thinking of the same skit. I searched the transcript site and couldn't find anything.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Five years later, I found it. Also of note: this thread is the #1 result in google for "snl forever kittens". However, it turns out the video I've been looking for all these years was a Conan O'Brien gag. :laugh:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I thought it might ve been Confuse-a-Cat from Monty Python.

That segment reminds me of Carlin discussing dogs. "When the dog died you get a new one! You have a constant supply of little companions!" and about the dog lookin cute when he turns his tilts his head "lets get it fix so he staaaays that way!" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks