-

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

New--Free!--Alice in Chains song "A Looking in View"


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

    Screenwriter

  • 2,341 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 29 2004

Posted June 30 2009 - 08:00 AM

AIC are set to release their first new album in over a decade (and first with William DuVall on vocals), and the song "A Looking in View" is available for free download at aliceinchains.com (you provide your email address). You can also listen to it streaming on the site.

It's pretty epic, and it definitely sounds like Alice. Vocally, obviously you can't match up to Layne but it still feels like Alice. The song would totally fit on their self-titled album.

The full album, Black Gives Way to Blue, comes out September 29--definitely looking forward to it.


#2 of 10 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

    Screenwriter

  • 2,281 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 27 2001

Posted June 30 2009 - 10:11 AM

Nice, thx for the head's up!

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#3 of 10 Todd H

Todd H

    Screenwriter

  • 2,049 posts
  • Join Date: May 27 1999
  • Real Name:Todd
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted June 30 2009 - 10:38 AM

I've given it a few listens and am impressed. Can't wait for the new album!


#4 of 10 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

    Screenwriter

  • 2,281 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 27 2001

Posted July 06 2009 - 09:39 AM

Jeez, this tune is pretty heavy!

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#5 of 10 Brian L

Brian L

    Screenwriter

  • 2,882 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 08 1998

Posted July 07 2009 - 04:42 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post

AIC are set to release their first new album in over a decade (and first with William DuVall on vocals), and the song "A Looking in View" is available for free download at aliceinchains.com (you provide your email address). You can also listen to it streaming on the site.
 
Care to throw me a bone, Anthony?

I can stream it, but I am not seeing any place to download the track, nor to sign up other than to the message boards.

I appear to be exceedingly dense today ;-)

Brian


#6 of 10 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

    Screenwriter

  • 2,341 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 29 2004

Posted July 07 2009 - 08:27 AM

The download used to be on the splash screen, but it appears to be gone now in favor of a full-length (NSFW) video. The track should play automatically on the main site. Since it was free, I'll PM you the download. :)


#7 of 10 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

    Screenwriter

  • 2,281 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 27 2001

Posted July 07 2009 - 02:04 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L 



Care to throw me a bone, Anthony?

I can stream it, but I am not seeing any place to download the track, nor to sign up other than to the message boards.

I appear to be exceedingly dense today ;-)

Brian
I can up it for you if you haven't gotten it by now.

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#8 of 10 Brian L

Brian L

    Screenwriter

  • 2,882 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 08 1998

Posted July 07 2009 - 02:38 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reda View Post




I can up it for you if you haven't gotten it by now.

Anthony hooked me up, but thanks for offerring.

BTW, I have NFI how come my quote of Anthony has that weird graphic element to it. I appear to be having a learning curve issue with the new forum.

Brian



#9 of 10 Brian L

Brian L

    Screenwriter

  • 2,882 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 08 1998

Posted July 07 2009 - 02:58 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L 

Anthony hooked me up, but thanks for offerring.

BTW, I have NFI how come my quote of Anthony has that weird graphic element to it. I appear to be having a learning curve issue with the new forum.

Brian
 
Never mind... looks like the new Forum does not play nice with Safari. What I was seeing was a huge distortion of the little icon after the "Originally posted by" thing.

I am looking at it with Firefox now, and it renders correctly.

Gee...I thought Ronbo was a Mac guy! Tsk, tsk!

Brian

#10 of 10 CaseyL

CaseyL

    Supporting Actor

  • 803 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 29 2002

Posted July 16 2009 - 07:16 AM

I think I'd rather have seen Cantrell do something different than Alice in Chains, even if it was same players, Different vocals, sans Layne.  Still, that aside, it is pretty sweet, and I'll probably have to get the album.  Alice in Chains has always been a staple in my music collection.

Edited by CaseyL - 7/16/2009 at 07:48 pm GMT