What's new

Rhino's Land of the Lost extras vs New ones? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

There's a new collection of Land of the Lost episodes coming out in two months with a new commentary by Sid and Marty Kroft, but I have a feeling that the extras done by Rhino a few years back would be superior to the new edition. What do you think of the extras for those in the know?

Should I buy the classic set or the new one?

James Smith

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
If I was going to buy the show I'd probably go for the old one.

From what I've heard the new extras are inferior. But I don't own the newest edition of the set, only the old one. The older one does have very good transfers of the episodes. They could be exactly the same on the new one.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I agree, I'd stick with the Rhino ones. There's really nothing wrong with them. In terms of the new set it only appears that they will have commentary with Sid & Marty Krofft & the new lunchbox collectible. The Rhino sets have interveiws w/cast members, commentary & quiz games. I love the sets and have no intention of buying the new set.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I managed to find the Rhino sets I did not have used, and although I spent more money than the new sets, I feel I have the better ones. The Rhino sets are very good!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Although I do have to admit that the new lunch box edition is damn sexy.

I can only hope that this signals the rest of the Krofft shows coming to DVD - well, the ones that didnt make it the first time.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yes , it looks great.But, im really being risky by preordering it, because who knows how the discs will be packaged inside the lunchbox ??? Anyone remember the leave it to beaver fiasco ??? I seriously hope the discs are in slim cases inside the lunchbox,If worse comes to worse , I still have the out of print sets.

Rodrick

Second Unit
I have the classic set already. I wish I would've waited I never heard of a new boxset til way later. I'd say if you don't have the old just get the new one.

I guess the classic extras of course would be the same wouldn't it.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know how the DVDs are packaged inside the lunchbox yet? I might end up buying the new set. I don't have the old one and I'm betting the extras are superior on them, but are much more costly to get due to being out of print.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks