Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rhino's Land of the Lost extras vs New ones?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 917 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 03:19 PM

Dear Guys: There's a new collection of Land of the Lost episodes coming out in two months with a new commentary by Sid and Marty Kroft, but I have a feeling that the extras done by Rhino a few years back would be superior to the new edition. What do you think of the extras for those in the know? Should I buy the classic set or the new one? James Smith

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,419 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted April 23 2009 - 10:21 PM

If I was going to buy the show I'd probably go for the old one. From what I've heard the new extras are inferior. But I don't own the newest edition of the set, only the old one. The older one does have very good transfers of the episodes. They could be exactly the same on the new one.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 301 posts

Posted April 24 2009 - 11:39 AM

I agree, I'd stick with the Rhino ones. There's really nothing wrong with them. In terms of the new set it only appears that they will have commentary with Sid & Marty Krofft & the new lunchbox collectible. The Rhino sets have interveiws w/cast members, commentary & quiz games. I love the sets and have no intention of buying the new set.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted April 25 2009 - 01:56 AM

I managed to find the Rhino sets I did not have used, and although I spent more money than the new sets, I feel I have the better ones. The Rhino sets are very good!

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 04:02 AM

Although I do have to admit that the new lunch box edition is damn sexy. I can only hope that this signals the rest of the Krofft shows coming to DVD - well, the ones that didnt make it the first time.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 11:51 PM

Yes , it looks great.But, im really being risky by preordering it, because who knows how the discs will be packaged inside the lunchbox ??? Anyone remember the leave it to beaver fiasco ??? I seriously hope the discs are in slim cases inside the lunchbox,If worse comes to worse , I still have the out of print sets.
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 11:54 PM

Anyone know if this lunchbox is a full size replica, or is it scaled down from the original ???
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Rodrick

Rodrick

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted May 15 2009 - 10:49 AM

I have the classic set already. I wish I would've waited I never heard of a new boxset til way later. I'd say if you don't have the old just get the new one. I guess the classic extras of course would be the same wouldn't it.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Mr. Papagiorgio

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted May 25 2009 - 11:28 AM

Anybody know how the DVDs are packaged inside the lunchbox yet? I might end up buying the new set. I don't have the old one and I'm betting the extras are superior on them, but are much more costly to get due to being out of print.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users