What's new

What is the difference between these Metallica concert DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
For the Metallica S&M concert, there are two versions available on Amazon.com. One is called "Metallica - S & M with the San Fransisco Symphony (1999)" and the other is called "S&M Smartpack (2004)." What is the difference between these two?

I have provided the links below:

1999 version: Amazon.com: Metallica - S & M with the San Francisco Symphony: James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Jason Newsted, Michael Kamen, David Gaudry, Artie Storch, Justin Crew, Anthony Striplen, Stephen Paulson, Catherine Payne, Enrique Bocedi, Joshu

2004 version: Amazon.com: S&M (Smartpak): Metallica, Wayne Isham: Movies & TV

By the way, the same is true for their Cunning Stunts concert DVD. There is 1998 version and a 2004 "smartpack" version.

What is the difference between the "originals" and the smartpack versions?

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
I'd imagine it's just a repackaging of the 1st version[they do that quite often....same version just a different name].

habs4life

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael DesRoches
I agree with the other poster, go with the original.

http://www.parkeddomain.us/blog/smart.JPG

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know the original release had a cardboard box packaging that was probably the thickness of two DVDs. Maybe the 'smart pack' is just the DVD in a regular case. Keep in mind, that's nothing more than a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks