What's new

For Sale: Aragon 8008X3 audiophile power amplifier - like new, boxed rarely used (1 Viewer)

elsimich

Auditioning
Real Name
Ellen
Own one of the best amplifiers money can buy!

Overview and specifications: From Klipsch website (they purchased Aragon a few years ago):

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/8008x3.aspx

The Aragon 8008x3 is internationally regarded as one of the most refined and accurate amplifiers. Stereophile's guide to Home Theater rate this amp "AAA", the first in this class. This amp has accurate circuitry that is specifically designed for advanced home theater applications. The Aragon 8008X3 amplifier has three 8008 channel modules in a single chassis. This massive amplifier can deliver a total of 1,200 continuous watts. The 8008X3 can direct power, well beyond its per channel power rating, to any given speaker. This is also an advantage when powering two identical speakers and one different speaker, very typical in home theater systems when the center channel is different from the main speakers. In this situation, the 8008X3 is capable of providing less than rated power to the more efficient or less demanding speaker and more than rated power to the less efficient speaker.

This unit’s history:
This three channel powerhouse has been in my possession for the past 5 years, unused for over 4 years. This Tiny-Manhattan-apartment-unfriendly amplifier was replaced by a small home theater component system, but during the brief duration It was used it powered my trusty ol’ infinity Renaissance 90 speakers, also very missed.

It will provide its new owner three “musical” channels of 200W into 8ohms (400W per channel in 4ohms). Those who are familiar with the amp know that Its design provides smooth yet very fast response. This article describes it much better than I could ever do…
Product Review

Condition:
Fantastic. Functionally tested and fully working. Aesthetically: near pristine with only a tiny nick on the right hand side of the front panel (see pictures @ Picasa Web Albums - Our E-bay - Aragon 8008x3). Otherwise spotless unit – probably the best used unit one can find. I’ve created the linked video to provide a quick overall view of the amp’s functional and aesthetic condition (please excuse the “speaker” used – obviously for demonstration purposes only
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).The two smudges on the top panel are residue from adhesive tape, which I will clean up before shipping.

YouTube - Aragon 8008x3

I have the original box, and the power cord that I got with it when I bought it.
The amp will be shipped double boxed to protect the unit and preserve the original box.

Specifications:
Description: Three-channel solid-state power amplifier.
Rated power output: 200W/ch continuous into 8 ohms, 400W/ch continuous into 4 ohms, all channels driven.
Rated full-power bandwidth: 5Hz-20kHz.
S/N Ratio: >105dB, A-weighted.
THD: 0.04%, 5Hz-20kHz, at full power into 8 ohms.
Voltage Gain: 28dB
Slew rate: >120V/µs.
Damping factor: >500. Input impedance: 22k ohms.
Input sensitivity: 1.68V for full output.
Power consumption: 1500W.

Online manual:

http://www.klipsch.com/media/product...08%20X%203.pdf

Shipping Box Dimensions: 19" W by 8 5/8” H by 16 5/8" D.
Weight: 68 lbs.
Retail Price: $2500

Asking $1,200.00 plus shipping, PayPal welcome.

Please note: this item is also advertised locally and I reserve the right to end this post at anytime due to local sale.

Andyadam

Auditioning
Real Name
Zeeshan
a staggering $2500 for a price? wow that is something, but it sound the thing is really a good one. Can you add pictures so that we can see how it looks like. Thanks teeth whitening products

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks