Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

When did Kimber Heros get so expensive???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted February 28 2009 - 04:13 PM

I was searching for another pair of Kimber's excellent "Hero" interconnects and to my surprise, it appears as though these guys have gone WAY up in price. I seem to remember a new 2M pair going for around $210 (with WBT 0144 connectors) a few years back...now they're $350! Anyone know what gives with the siginicant price increase?
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   serraniruben

serraniruben

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 07 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hi Ron,
Almost all the cable manufacturer incrase your prices based on differents arguments.
Search in others sites for a used one.
Rubén

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 02:24 AM

I guess when they figured out people would pay for them regardless of the fact that IT'S JUST COPPER...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins
I guess when they figured out people would pay for them regardless of the fact that IT'S JUST COPPER...

It's just plain ridiculous. I'll be keeping an eye on Audiogon then.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,786 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 18 2009 - 06:03 AM

Wow....

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Clinton McClure 

Wow....

Posted Image

Was finally able to score a pair of  brand new 1.5M with the WBT-0144 locking RCAs on eBay.  Seems like there are more there than on Audiogon these days which is just funny.