Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

More Steve Hoffman-remastered 24 gold CDs coming

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted October 29 2008 - 08:35 AM

See link....

New Audio Fidelity 24 Karat Gold CD series: Your questions and suggestions here.... - SH Forums

Some members on that forum, including myself, is pushing for hybrid SACD.

Meanwhile, I'm holding onto my 24K gold CDs of Elvis' "24 Karat Hits", Van Halen's debut album and the Doobie Bros. "Minute By Minute"
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   townsend

townsend

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted October 30 2008 - 10:11 AM

Thank goodness. I thought Audio Fidelity was dead. We need both Mobile Fidelity and Audio Fidelity reissuing as many rock titles as they can. SACD is on life support (except for mainly classical or jazz titles from smaller companies), but I'll take well done RBCD w/ Hoffman's remastering. Of course, everybody has their favorites. I remember most the titles because I read about them at SHF (for some reason, I can't access this info by clicking on the OP hypertext link! I'm just not privileged . . . yet), but I'm somewhat disappointed that Alice Cooper's Love It To Death wasn't chosen among Alice Cooper titles. But I'll get over it. Bring 'em on!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted October 31 2008 - 05:40 PM

The more, the better. The last batch was really good imho.
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Blair G

Blair G

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted November 02 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hallelujah!!!!

I can't wait Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users