-

Photo
- - - - -

ER season 15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 09:28 PM

The 15th and final season premiere of ER starts tonight on NBC at 10 p.m. NBC decided to bring back ER for one more go-around. Here's hoping they go out on a strong note.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 02:00 AM

So who is confirmed to be coming back of the original cast? I heard Noah Wylie and Anthony Edwards. I wonder if they can coax Clooney to make an appearance?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   Shaun

Shaun

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 03:01 AM

I heard both Weaver and Romano (who will probably appear in flashback since he too was killed on the show) are coming back for appearances as well.
Shawn Siref
---------------------------------------------------
Equipment:
TV: Mitsubishi WD-73733 73-Inch Widescreen HDTV
Receiver: Denon AVR-2805 DD-EX/DTS-ES 7.1DVD Player: Denon DVD-2200HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A35Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD55Speakers: Klipsch Reference SeriesSubwoofe...

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
I wonder if they can coax Clooney to make an appearance?
They're trying, but as of Tuesday, nope.

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted September 26 2008 - 01:43 AM

Yep, pretty sad episode overall. Is Morris that afraid of intebation or just that incompetent at getting the tube down the throat?

#6 of 41 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted September 26 2008 - 10:42 AM

Not sure; maybe he just didn't want to be the one that "screwed up"

Funny that Abby was thinking twice about leaving and going to Boston. With the mortality rate of doctors there, you need to leave when you can.

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted October 16 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hate to see Abby go, but this was a solid episode, and a nice send-off for Maura Tierney.

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 17 2008 - 09:24 AM

I cold turkeyed ER, finally, last year. Since I did watch it for so many years, I will try to catch the final 2 or 3 episodes. I hadn't realized this was Maura Tierney's last episode until I saw the promo for last night's show.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted November 01 2008 - 01:57 PM

I thought it was a good send-off for Ray, which allowed us to see that he came to grips with his accident, and has made a life for himself, and become a productive doctor in spite of the loss of his legs.

Banfield's kicking the crap out of the mugger was pretty hot, too bad I don't care much for her as a character.

Not only do we get Emily Rose on the show, but also Shiri Appleby (though they go out of their way to downplay her good looks).

Still hate Anspaugh's nephew, and his pursuit of Neela.

#10 of 41 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted November 02 2008 - 10:10 AM

Nice to see Ray back to finally close his story out. After Abby he was my favorite character.

Don't know if I missed a few episodes when he left the series originally, but he just vanished. I remember the scene of him in the wheelchair with no legs, then it seemed like he was never mentioned again. Whatever relationships he had with other characters ended, everything was over, but it felt like a lot of loose ends were left behind.

I wonder if this is how the entire season will continue. Briefly bring back the old characters, continue dropping the current regulars one by one, fill in with some new actors with very short contracts, and just come to an end.
Stan

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,509 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted November 02 2008 - 12:11 PM

From what I've read, we may not have seen the last of Ray, and this is not the end of the Ray/Neela relationship. I'm guessing (pure speculation on my part here) that the final episode will see her heading down to Baton Rouge.

This is a little hard to believe, but with the departure of Maura Tierney, Parminder Nagra is now the senior principal actor on the show. Scott Grimes and Linda Cardellini are right behind her.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted November 02 2008 - 12:58 PM

All of the episodes keep previewing Anthony Edwards as back for an episode. Considering how he exited the show (you know, going to Hawaii to die) this will be an... interesting twist of events.

It could be a flashback, but uh, wow.. I'm interested in how they pull that off at all, also.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,509 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted November 02 2008 - 05:28 PM

The upcoming episode with Anthony Edward is indeed a flashback. The surprise is WHO is doing the flashing back. Appaently
Dr. Greene treated Banfield's kid back in the day.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted November 13 2008 - 05:00 PM

I think there is plenty of life left in "E.R." and tonight's episode was heartwrenching, while also providing us with Banfield's present psychology, and her shoehorned tie-in to the Country General, but it did give us Mark Greene one more time, even though it was at the end of his time, and you could feel he was totally cognizant of what it would mean to have one more day with his own family as he was in the midst of his own battle with cancer.

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted November 14 2008 - 10:10 AM

That's one long sentence Posted Image

One can't help but compare Grey's and ER on any given week. This was good; Grey's was horrible.

#16 of 41 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted November 14 2008 - 03:46 PM

This week was a very good episode, almost to bad there won't be another season with Angela Bassett.

Wonder if we'll see anymore of some of the past stars. Paul McCrane and particularly Laura Innes had basically throwaway walk-on cameos. Hardly worth the effort.
Stan

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted November 15 2008 - 01:05 AM

I haven't been watching ER this season but watched last Thursday's episode for Anthony Edwards. It was an excellent episode and they did a great job of bring Dr. Greene back through the flashback with a great tie-in to a current case in the ER.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   Romier S

Romier S

Producer

• 3,533 posts

Posted November 15 2008 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
It was an excellent episode
It was the best episode of ER in a very long time. Any idea if Benton is going to make an appearance? Next to Anthony Edwards' "Mark Greene", he was my absolute favorite character on the show.

If this episode did anything it made me so terribly miss the ER of old.Posted Image The small cameos by Weaver, Jerry, Romano etc. were just icing on the cake.

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Benson
Robert Guillaume?

Since I'm going to watch to the bitter end anyway, I would prefer that the cameos be unannounced. Then they would be a pleasant surprise. It was great how they handled Julianna Margulies' final episode. But with ER in particular, and the shameless bullshit they've used in their promos all these years, I expect NBC will squeeze every last drop out of the ratings.

Since Eriq La Salle did the quick tribute to Michael Crichton, I would guess he is not coming back. That gave him some way to be included in the final season.

#20 of 41 OFFLINE   Shaun

Shaun

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 10:41 AM

I believe Benton is coming back for an appearance this season. I think his appearance ties into Carter's return.
Shawn Siref
---------------------------------------------------
Equipment:
TV: Mitsubishi WD-73733 73-Inch Widescreen HDTV
Receiver: Denon AVR-2805 DD-EX/DTS-ES 7.1DVD Player: Denon DVD-2200HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A35Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD55Speakers: Klipsch Reference SeriesSubwoofe...

Forum Nav Content I Follow