-

Photo
- - - - -

Minimized title change in WinXP..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted September 22 2008 - 05:24 AM

Is there a way to change the title displayed in a Minimized application in the taskbar? If I am running say TextPad (a nice text editor), it displays the first X characters in the path, which on a networked shared resource can be quite long, therefore it has no chance in hell in displaying anything useful. Is there a way to change that to display the last X characters and not the first X characters. X obviously changes based on the number of applications running.

I believe, from a programming standpoint, it has to be done applicationwise but just wondering if there are any OS dependent options I can set, just in case. I did not find anything in any properties tab to do that.

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Greg*go

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

• 941 posts

Posted September 22 2008 - 10:08 AM

I don't use textpad, but it probably uses the same info that is in the title bar on the taskbar. Have you tried asking in their forums how to change what appears in the title bar?

TextPad : Community : Index
I certainly don't expect anyone to remember me 65 years after I die, but you wouldn't know that from the way I act.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted September 22 2008 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I guess I could, but would like all my applications to do it, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Powerpoint... Anybody know if they support this?

Jay

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted September 22 2008 - 12:07 PM

Found something that might be a good lead for TextPad:

Community :: View topic - Abbreviation of full paths in document selector and tabs

Jay

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted September 22 2008 - 11:36 PM

Ack, that "Full Path name" option only affects the document Tab thing (like firefox, you can open documents in new tabs or new windows) and it doesn't affect the minimized application in the Windows Taskbar unfortunately.

Jay