What's new

*** Official PINEAPPLE EXPRESS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Pineapple Express". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Pineapple Express" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I uh ... yeah.

It's relatively enjoyable, but all over the place. It's not nearly as memorable as Superbad though.

The action/violence "slap stick" was pretty interesting, somehow it is funny and brutal at the same time.

They also completely left the girlfriend plot line unresolved.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Huh. I think I'm just gonna repost my post from the newly branded Review thread here since I feel it fits a "discussion" thread a bit better:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

The film could've completely omitted the girlfriend plot and been no worse for it - that whole side of the movie was virtually useless.

Actually, the whole damned movie was pretty much useless. I chuckled three or four times and that was it. The rest of it was a relentless mix of pot-smoking and slapstick. Can't think of anything clever? Let's hit someone in the head with an ashtray!

How this movie's gotten such good notices is beyond me. It wasn't funny and it just WOULD NOT END!

I'm rapidly getting sick of the whole Apatow world. Flicks with his imprimatur are just becoming less and less satisfying. Maybe we've just gotten too many of them in too short a period of time - this is FOUR in a span of about 14 months! And each one is less entertaining than the last... :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought this movie was silly, violent and very funny. Since it's a fairly strange movie, it won't have the appeal that Superbad or Knocked Up had. The craziness of the action (the car chase, the gun battle at the end) mixed with the goofy buddy movie elements made the movie for me. And James Franco stole every scene he was in.

It took a while but the internet backlash against Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow's popularity has finally begun so every movie with either of those guys involved will be viewed as crap (by the internet) from now on.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't have a problem with Rogen. I find the guy genuinely funny. Apatow...I'm sort of getting sick of. But the movies he's putting out are still pretty decent and I can't say I mind too much.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
It's worth seeing for Franco - his best role since the last time he played a stoner (Freaks & Geeks). :laugh:;)

It's definitely not as pound-for-pound funny as other classic Apatow flicks (Hell, I think "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was funnier)

The end breakfast sequence is great because because it kinda explains/encapsulates the film's MO...

A story told by a stoner

If you think of it that way, the whole tone and feel of the film makes complete and perfect sense.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

If you figure it out, please email me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I was overall disappointed with the movie. Not very funny and a mess of a script.
Not funny to see someone stabbed with a fork or someone shot 5 times and then gets up and walks around. Dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks