-

Photo
- - - - -

The Simpsons: Season 11 - 10/07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 of 37 OFFLINE   PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 07:48 AM

The Simpsons DVD news: Release Date for The Simpsons - The Complete 11th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Quote:
Back in April we reported that sources had told us to expect an August release for The Simpsons - The Complete 11th Season on DVD. This timeframe didn't pan out, for a number of reasons, but now we've got the new release date for you at last! Fox is planning to release this as a 4-disc set, with 22 episodes, on October 7th.

We don't have any word yet on packaging or extras (though we expect it to be loaded with bonus material, including commentary tracks, as usual). Pricing is probably going to be $49.98 SRP, as with previous releases. Stay tuned and we'll update you as further developments come in!

#2 of 37 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,098 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 07:55 AM

Finally!

#3 of 37 OFFLINE   Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 08:26 AM

About frakking time. Simpsons DVD's are a mighty drug

#4 of 37 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted July 16 2008 - 09:00 AM

EXCELLENT!!! Better late than never. Any guesses to what kind of packaging will be used this time around, aside from the standard that is. Of course, that's assuming there will be limited edition cases this time around. Either way, I can't wait to have this!
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#5 of 37 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,053 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 16 2008 - 09:30 AM

Glad to hear it's coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Radke
Any guesses to what kind of packaging will be used this time around...
I'll guess that no matter what it is, it'll piss people off. Posted Image Seriously though, I'll guess that there will be one package type this time just for the ease of having one package.

#6 of 37 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,380 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 10:15 AM

I think the "heads" were just a five-season premium. I think we're through with the heads from now on.

#7 of 37 OFFLINE   Ron68

Ron68

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 02:29 PM

Yay! Can't wait. In the introduction on the Season 10 set, Groening said they won't be doing any more heads. No matter what kind of case they use, I'm buying it.

#8 of 37 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 12:17 AM

This release date makes it very unlikely we will see two seasons released this year.

#9 of 37 OFFLINE   jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I think the "heads" were just a five-season premium. I think we're through with the heads from now on.

That is incorrect mate, according to a professional (not a rumour site) Australian dvd website the season is coming out in a standard box and a Krusty head set..

Simpsons, The - The Complete 11th Season: Limited Edition (4 Disc Krusty Head) @ EzyDVD

#10 of 37 OFFLINE   Matthew H

Matthew H

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 05:41 AM

I like the head theme. I'm down.

It just blows we're only getting one season again this year. UGH.
Matt

Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

#11 of 37 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted July 17 2008 - 12:09 PM

Well hopefully they'll be back on track in '09. Personally I'm thankful for this announcement because I was starting to wonder if we were getting ANY release this year. So one's better than none. Of course, two is better than one, but ah well.

Krusty head, eh? I thought for sure they'd be done with the heads after season 10. Well if that's how it's released, then I'm in, since I have the other 5. People get a kick out of seeing them when they visit anyway so I'm cool with continuing the trend.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#12 of 37 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info - I kind of regret getting the heads now. ;( But I did, and that's that.

#13 of 37 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,159 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted July 18 2008 - 12:22 AM

As long as the standard packaging keeps coming out along with the heads, I don't care if we eventually get far enough in to see a Hans Moleman package.

...actually, I'd buy that instead of the standard packaging.

But what I really want to see is the seasons released in a timely fashion. Yeah, commentaries on all the episodes is nice, but if it slows down the release of the seasons, I can live without 'em. If nothing else, just put commentaries on selected, or fan favorite episodes.

But it's nice to hear season 11 is coming.

#14 of 37 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 18 2008 - 01:10 AM

Actually, commentaries on all episodes give them a chance to rationalize all-time turkeys like "Kill the Alligator and Run".

Most of them I don't listen to unless it's a classic (or controversial) episode. It's like watching the show with a laugh track.

This is still good news.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#15 of 37 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 18 2008 - 02:55 AM

I'm in. Obviously. Give them to me in a paper bag. Doesn't matter much. Posted Image

I am bummed we won't see two releases this year, but hey...I've got tons of other stuff to keep me busy. I never doubted Fox was coming with a set this year; this is a huge money maker for them.

#16 of 37 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,053 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 18 2008 - 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
Actually, commentaries on all episodes give them a chance to rationalize all-time turkeys like "Kill the Alligator and Run".
I'm a completist so I'll be sticking with the show until the very end but the episodes that I LOVE are all out on DVD now. There's some really terrible episodes in S11 (and especially S12) and I'm much more interested in hearing what they have to say about those episodes than the episodes themselves so I'd rather wait for commentaries than speed up the releases.

#17 of 37 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 18 2008 - 07:52 AM

This is the last season I intend to buy. 2000, to me, is the latest date at which it should have ended. The number of post-2000 episodes I consider worthy of purchase could fit on one disc.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#18 of 37 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted July 18 2008 - 11:53 AM

I thought The Simpsons' slump began with this season and ended with season 12, before having about three strong seasons. Some of the very recent episodes have been better but I haven't liked many episodes from seasons 16-18.

#19 of 37 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 18 2008 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say, as tired as the "The Simpsons is no longer good" complaints are, I'm shocked that someone would opt for this season if they weren't intending to complete the collection. The first will always remain my least favorite, but seasons 11 and 12 are probably the nadir of the series.

#20 of 37 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 10:08 AM

I don't have very many problems with season 11. I think there are some pretty good episodes. Such as the Tomacco one, the one where Lisa runs the house and tricks Bart and Homer into thinking they have Leprosy, the one where Moe has plasitic surgery to become handsome. Even widely despised episodes such as Saddlesore Galacta have grown on me to some extent
"Your horse must lose!"
"What if I refuse to lose?"
"We'll eat your brain!"
"MY HORSE MUST LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEE!"
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow