What's new

Cyd Charisse dies at 86 (merged) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
AICN is reporting her passing, related via family members. A huge talent, a charming on screen presence and a remarkably attractive woman who aged as gracefully as she moved.My condolences to her friends and family.A brutal year continues...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Beautiful, talented woman. I'll never forget her scene in Singin in the Rain.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
When Miss Charisse was 41 and I was 15 I remember her dancing on The Toast of the Town (The Ed Sullivan Show).
I remember it so well because it was one of the most erotic things I had ever seen.
If you didn't live through it you can't imagine what a sheltered repressed world 1962 was. :)

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Very sad indeed. She was really one of the great ones, very classy and talented. Fortunately, virtually all of her great films are on DVD (The Bandwagon, Silk Stockings, Brigadoon, Singing In The Rain - and her dance in Deep In My Heart - talk about hot!!)

And thanks to Warners, we even have the definitive version of Two-Faced Women, her terrific number deleted but featured as an extra on the dvd of The Bandwagon. I read about it in Hugh Fordin's book but I never thought I would see the full number, restored and in Technicolor

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What a terrible year it's been and there's six months to go.

I was a huge fan of Cyd Charrise even when I was a kid, I just loved looking at her on screen. Singin' in the Rain and The Band Wagon are two of my favorite musicals. So sad she's gone. :frowning:

RIP

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Another huge loss from the golden years. It's a true shame that more people don't recognize her name. She had just as much talent and more beauty than almost any actress of her generation, yet she's somewhat forgotten outside of the "Movie Buff" circles.

I think that I'll introduce my girlfriend to "The Band Wagon" this weekend.

R.I.P.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
What a great loss! I saw Singin' in the Rain in 1985 when I was 12 and have been hooked on musicals and musical performers ever since. I will never forget Miss Charisse - I especially love Brigadoon.

I watched The Band Wagon, one of my favorite films ever, just 5 days ago, never knowing we would get such tragic news so soon.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and husband of 60 years, the great singer Tony Martin.

Corey

Screenwriter
I hate to say it, but Tony will probably be next. When you've been married to someone for so long, it usually happens that way.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Like everyone else her part in "Singin' in the Rain" is indelibly etched into my brain. Whenever I show the movie to those unfamiliar with either her or the film, her scenes never fail to elicit awe in women and men alike. She was an incredible talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks