Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Good DIVX/XVID to MPEG Converter

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Dalton

• 1,200 posts

Posted June 03 2008 - 03:32 PM

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good DIVX/XVID to MPEG converter program? I have some video i would like to put on DVD's to watch on a regular dvd player. Thanks, Dalton

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   dberthia

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted June 06 2008 - 07:28 AM

My personal favorite is Convert X To DVD. It's simple to use and produces good quality output.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Quincy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted June 06 2008 - 12:48 PM

I'm going to second ConvertXtoDVD I've used it to make a bunch of dvds and never had a problem with them playing on anything.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Brandy S

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'll third that suggestion. I used to use Nero, but it had some serious sync isues. I haven't encountered anything of the sort with ConvertXToDVD. Great program, fast and easy to use.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Dalton

• 1,200 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 02:31 PM

Thanks to all! I am using ConvertXtoDVD and it is excellent.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,636 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted June 14 2008 - 05:27 PM

I was going to suggest TMPGEnc, but it looks like you have a solution that works for youPosted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

• 1,669 posts

Posted June 19 2008 - 08:30 PM

If you have a lot videos, or anticipate more in the future, I would suggest getting a cheapo DVD player that plays Divx. I picked one up at WalMart for $50 (i think it was a panasonic) because I got tired of converting things. After that just burn the video to a rewritable disc and pop it in. $50 is well worth it to avoid all the time spent converting videos just to watch and delete.

I beat all that, tho, by finally building a media PC out of spare parts and hooked it up to the HDTV. Now I just download and double click on them. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users