What's new

Good DIVX/XVID to MPEG Converter (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good DIVX/XVID to MPEG converter program? I have some video i would like to put on DVD's to watch on a regular dvd player.

Thanks,
Dalton

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to second ConvertXtoDVD I've used it to make a bunch of dvds and never had a problem with them playing on anything.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I'll third that suggestion.
I used to use Nero, but it had some serious sync isues. I haven't encountered anything of the sort with ConvertXToDVD.
Great program, fast and easy to use.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
If you have a lot videos, or anticipate more in the future, I would suggest getting a cheapo DVD player that plays Divx. I picked one up at WalMart for $50 (i think it was a panasonic) because I got tired of converting things. After that just burn the video to a rewritable disc and pop it in. $50 is well worth it to avoid all the time spent converting videos just to watch and delete.

I beat all that, tho, by finally building a media PC out of spare parts and hooked it up to the HDTV. Now I just download and double click on them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks