Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

About LoveBoat releasing Seasons1 separately?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 07:09 AM

I just returned my LoveBoat season 1 Vol 1. Even though it was only $19 canadian, I had 2nd thoughts and didn't open the package cause I was busy and usually don't open new ones til I finish with my other shows.

Now its releasing the vol 2 on DVD season 1. Why are they doing this now like The Fall Guy series? I am gonna wait to see if they'll put all season 1 together.

#2 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,349 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 24 2008 - 07:12 AM

As far as I know none of Paramount's volumes have been re-released together so I doubt Love Boat will do it either.

#3 of 13 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 08:12 AM

Why are you denying yourself the joy of Jim Nabors on the deck? Lent is over. And Vol. 2 comes out in August.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#4 of 13 brett tolino

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
As far as I know none of Paramount's volumes have been re-released together so I doubt Love Boat will do it either.

Not true.

I Love Lucy began as Volume sets. I know, I bought them. Paramount then went back and repackaged them as complete season sets and now even offers full series sets.

I'm waiting for Full Season sets of Love Boat as well, or a full series set with a box the size and shape of a cruise ship.

#5 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,349 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 24 2008 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett tolino
I Love Lucy began as Volume sets. I know, I bought them. Paramount then went back and repackaged them as complete season sets and now even offers full series sets.
That's true but they were single disc releases and not half season sets. I supoose I should have "As far as I know none of Paramount's HALF SEASON volumes have been re-released together so I doubt Love Boat will do it either."

#6 of 13 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
That's true but they were single disc releases and not half season sets. I supoose I should have "As far as I know none of Paramount's HALF SEASON volumes have been re-released together so I doubt Love Boat will do it either."

The first season of Lucy was botched by Paramount. Nine DVDs for $15 a pop. That's $135 for the first season. Easy to see why they retooled the set and went with the season boxset - which today is on sale for $21.99 at amazon.
come see the reviews at

#7 of 13 Larry.P

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 07:09 AM

The only reason "I Love Lucy" was released in single volumes initially was because they had already made the disks that way a few years earlier for Columbia House. I don't see them going back and releasing full seasons of "The Love Boat", although a complete series set would not surprise me assuming they make it that far.

#8 of 13 Rodrick

Rodrick

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 08:07 PM

I would've liked a mixed set of all the seasons best episodes.

#9 of 13 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 01:49 AM

what would be nice is a bonus feature of Ernie Anderson's Love Boat promo. That man knew how to say Love Boat.
come see the reviews at

#10 of 13 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,328 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 07:19 AM

We've beaten it to death on other threads, but the 1/2 seasons make me nervous because if people don't buy them, waiting out for "better" releases, then the series just gets stopped. Like the Big Valley. Done. Over. I hate them too because it takes twice as long to get through the shows. But what can I do about it? That's how paramount wants it done.

Now they're doing it to, it looks like, all the Paramount 1 hour dramas. The Love Boat...Dynasty...Love, American Style...if we want these shows so bad, we'd better buy them.

#11 of 13 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted March 27 2008 - 10:25 AM

A lot of the 1-hour Paramount dramas currently being released are in full season sets (Wild Wild West, Mission: Impossible, 90210, Melrose Place, Hawaii Five-0, the upcoming Mannix). It may have something to do with their popularity in syndication (which doesn't explain Mannix though).

More likely, some are probably less costly or more costly than others to produce relative to sales quantity projections.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#12 of 13 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 01:00 PM

Matlock is a full season set. They put the seven DVDs inside a giant plastic case with three flipper panels. The same with the new Melrose Place.
come see the reviews at

#13 of 13 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 06:28 PM

am gonna buy this as soon as I get back to England, was buying loads of dvds here in canada then realized I been here nearly 8 months and have so much stuff to take back excess baggage is gonna cost a fortune, I have 19 tv boxsets and and about 30 films as well as books etc to take home as well as my clothes came over with $100 excess baggage going home gonna be alot more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow