What's new

About LoveBoat releasing Seasons1 separately? (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I just returned my LoveBoat season 1 Vol 1. Even though it was only $19 canadian, I had 2nd thoughts and didn't open the package cause I was busy and usually don't open new ones til I finish with my other shows.

Now its releasing the vol 2 on DVD season 1. Why are they doing this now like The Fall Guy series? I am gonna wait to see if they'll put all season 1 together.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Why are you denying yourself the joy of Jim Nabors on the deck? Lent is over. And Vol. 2 comes out in August.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino

Not true.

I Love Lucy began as Volume sets. I know, I bought them. Paramount then went back and repackaged them as complete season sets and now even offers full series sets.

I'm waiting for Full Season sets of Love Boat as well, or a full series set with a box the size and shape of a cruise ship.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's true but they were single disc releases and not half season sets. I supoose I should have "As far as I know none of Paramount's HALF SEASON volumes have been re-released together so I doubt Love Boat will do it either."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

The first season of Lucy was botched by Paramount. Nine DVDs for $15 a pop. That's $135 for the first season. Easy to see why they retooled the set and went with the season boxset - which today is on sale for $21.99 at amazon.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
The only reason "I Love Lucy" was released in single volumes initially was because they had already made the disks that way a few years earlier for Columbia House. I don't see them going back and releasing full seasons of "The Love Boat", although a complete series set would not surprise me assuming they make it that far.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
what would be nice is a bonus feature of Ernie Anderson's Love Boat promo. That man knew how to say Love Boat.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We've beaten it to death on other threads, but the 1/2 seasons make me nervous because if people don't buy them, waiting out for "better" releases, then the series just gets stopped. Like the Big Valley. Done. Over. I hate them too because it takes twice as long to get through the shows. But what can I do about it? That's how paramount wants it done.

Now they're doing it to, it looks like, all the Paramount 1 hour dramas. The Love Boat...Dynasty...Love, American Style...if we want these shows so bad, we'd better buy them.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
A lot of the 1-hour Paramount dramas currently being released are in full season sets (Wild Wild West, Mission: Impossible, 90210, Melrose Place, Hawaii Five-0, the upcoming Mannix). It may have something to do with their popularity in syndication (which doesn't explain Mannix though).

More likely, some are probably less costly or more costly than others to produce relative to sales quantity projections.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Matlock is a full season set. They put the seven DVDs inside a giant plastic case with three flipper panels. The same with the new Melrose Place.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
am gonna buy this as soon as I get back to England, was buying loads of dvds here in canada then realized I been here nearly 8 months and have so much stuff to take back excess baggage is gonna cost a fortune, I have 19 tv boxsets and and about 30 films as well as books etc to take home as well as my clothes came over with $100 excess baggage going home gonna be alot more

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks