Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was out in Las Vegas last week and made the mistake
of stopping at the Brookstone store in The Venetian forum
shopping area. Actually, the bigger mistake was plopping
myself down in one of their state-of-the-art massage chairs.
I have to tell you, this chair rocked! It scanned my body,
adjusted the length of the leg extension to my height and
began giving me the most intense massage I have ever
gotten out of a chair -- though I'll admit this was my first one.
The bad part is, the chair costs $4k. That includes delivery
and a 3-year in home warranty (total 4 years on top of original)
that covers EVERYTHING! If anything breaks, wears or tears it
will be fixed or replaced with a new chair.
Their finance plan is something like $140 for 36 months.
You can take a look at this baby HERE
Though the site has the warranty priced as "extra" the salesman I
dealt with in Vegas told me it was all inclusive.
Just wondering if anyone owns one of these chairs or something
like it and/or has good/bad experiences with Brookstone.
Thanks in advance!

Massage Chairs

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
Ronald

A good quality massage chair can do wonders for your health and well-bean however not all massage chairs that are offered out there are created equal. I believe I know that chair that you are talking about is it the OSIM uAstro Zero-Gravity Massage Chair? If it was yes this is an excellent massage chair however it is a little expensive. Zero Gravity design in a massage chair is very helpful, what this position does is the massage chair automatically begins to recline until you reach a position where your knees are level with your heart, this will bring your spine parallel to the ground, and this will take the pressure off of your spine. This position will remove all vertical pressure on the vertebrae, the connective tissue surrounding your spine. Once you are in this state a good quality massage chair can be MUCH more effective in providing you with an excellent massage experience. If I may if you are looking for a good quality massage chair that has the same features and benefits at the Osim chair I would recommend that you look at the Osaki OS-4000 Zero Gravity Massage Chair at only $2895 on sale with free delivery it is certainly worth a look. Hope this info has been helpful.

Bruce Lewis
Osaki Massage Chairs

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronald Epstein said:
I was out in Las Vegas last week and made the mistakeof stopping at the Brookstone store in The Venetian forumshopping area. Actually, the bigger mistake was ploppingmyself down in one of their state-of-the-art massage chairs.I have to tell you, this chair rocked! It scanned my body,adjusted the length of the leg extension to my height andbegan giving me the most intense massage I have evergotten out of a chair -- though I'll admit this was my first one.The bad part is, the chair costs $4k. That includes deliveryand a 3-year in home warranty (total 4 years on top of original)that covers EVERYTHING! If anything breaks, wears or tears itwill be fixed or replaced with a new chair.Their finance plan is something like $140 for 36 months.You can take a look at this baby HEREThough the site has the warranty priced as "extra" the salesman Idealt with in Vegas told me it was all inclusive.Just wondering if anyone owns one of these chairs or somethinglike it and/or has good/bad experiences with Brookstone.Thanks in advance!
The link doesn't work.

Beware of such finance plans. Your numbers are: $4000 purchased, $5000 financed. That's a 20% surcharge to pay it over three years. [soapbox]If you can afford a $4000 luxury massage chair, you can afford it without a lousy financing plan[/soapbox] :)

A coworker, a fellow in his mid-50's, bought a massage chair a few years ago and swore by it. It was an evening ritual, to relax and de-stress after work.

I like the idea of these chairs. I'd probably benefit from it, a convenient at-home stress reducer. But the good ones are so expensive they never reach my realistic purchase list.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hah! I got snookered by a massage chair advertiser!There was a post after Ron's, seemingly from a professional contact of his, suggesting he try some brand of massage chair. I didn't notice the date of Ron's post, thought it was new. I responded.The advertiser post is now gone, and it looks like I resurrected a six yo thread :DThere needs to be a filler when posts are deleted. But let me tell you, that was high quality spam. Personalized and personal. I thought it was someone Rob knew and invited on to talk about massage chairs!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Haha I thought I was the king here of reporting spam before folks got snookered! Someone else musta beat me to this one! =)I kinda like that these long tail thread bumps go back to the grave after the spam gets removed, it's pretty rare that they fool someone tho I do agree they are getting more sneaky. Just this week I emailed the owners about a few that I thought were questionable and they deleted every one. My spider senses are pretty good on this stuff but I tend to err on the side of a bleeding heart, but it's a never ending battle!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah but when you do that you likely leave a thread bumped with everyone thinking you are just weird for bumping an 8 year old thread. Do us all a favor and hit the troll/spam button, that will hide it and if the mods and owners think it should stay they can reinstate it on their review.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've tried one of those massage chairs. I wasn't all that impressed. They aren't very comfortable. I'd buy a Stressless, before ever buying a massage chair, if I was willing to drop 3g+ on a chair.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
It's really in the noise for me. In fact sometimes it's cool to see the names of folks who either no longer or very rarely post anymore.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
OK.
Now this thread is on top anyway:

The person removing the SPAM was me.
I may no longer be moderating the forum as frantically as I used to, but while making a few of my usual rounds I came on this one.

I really, really hate SPAM and anything like it.
There you have it.

:D

Cees

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Thanks Cees!
ChristopherG said:
It's really in the noise for me. In fact sometimes it's cool to see the names of folks who either no longer or very rarely post anymore.
It would be cool if it happened once in a week or two, sometimes I flag 2-3 per day tho!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
...... and you'll probably see the SPAM disappear then within a few minutes to an hour, on an average!
(Ron really hates it as well.)

Cees

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wish a SPAM post was replaced by a generic "SPAM WAS REMOVED" message in the thread.

That would make sense of posts, such as mine :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dave,

Normally we try to let the old thread sink back into oblivion. Unfortunately we cannot squeeze a new post in between (we cannot force a false timestamp) if a reply has already been posted. We could remove the new reply as well, of course, but often that's felt as being unnecessarily heartless. :)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks