-

Photo

Jurassic Park R6 DVD better than SUPERBIT release?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 temproh

temproh

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 30 2007 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDActive forum member
----------

Feedbacks from some Chinese customers that Universal Pictures Jurassic Park 1, 2 and 3 Region 6 DVD that released by CAV Warner in Nov 2005 are probably the best PAL release ever. The bit rate hit 9Mb per second, even higher than Superbit edition.

The English DTS soundtrack for Jurassic Park 1 and 2 are exclusively remixed for R6 editions.

----------

below is bit-rate chart for Jurassic 1.
disc capacity: 7.82GB
DD5.1 English 448kbps
DD5.1 Mandarin 448kbps
DTS English 768kbps
PAL Anamorphic Widescreen
Disc mastered by Sony Music in Shanghai (inner rings shows IFPI LC20).

I heard that the source of this release is specially prepare exclusively for R6 market, nothing to do with other PAL release or Superbit. But it is the best release ever in the world according to some reviewers.

Standard recommended retail price: 22 yuan (USD 2.8)
Price may varies from place to place.
In Southern China, price around 24 to 28
In Northern China, price around 19 to 24.

Posted Image

----------

More to say...

Popular pirated Jurassic Park DVD in China mostly copied from Japanese R2 Superbit. So Universal Pictures makes a better Region 6 version to battle pirated Japanese R2 superbit Posted Image

The DVD format is dual-layer single sided, also known as DVD-9,
Warner put DVD-9 on cover to emphasize the superior quality just like what priated DVD do for years.

Chinese consumers believe that DVD-9 means great picture. Most of them don't understand what DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD-10, DVD-18 means. (dual-layer single sided, single-layer single sided, single layer dual sided, dual-layer dual sided respectively)

Many European R2 and Asia R3 DVD also use the term "DVD-9" but usually print it on back of DVD case not in front.

Note for buying Hollywood R6 DVD from China:

When you purchase Hollywood R6 DVD, you only buy those distributed by following distributors, do NOT buy others.

CAV Warner Home Entertainment
For Warner Pictures, Universal Pictures

CAV Thakral Home Entertainment
For Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, MGM, Bunea Vista, Paramount*** and 20th Century Fox (licensed already ended June 2005)

Excel Meida
For Sony Pictures, BBC and 20th Century Fox (license begin from June 2005)

*** Paramount only release VideoCD (VCD) through CAV Thakral. There is no legitimated R6 Paramount DVD at the moment, only VCD. But Paramount may start releasing R6 DVD in China this year.

----------

The latest R2 UK DVD was released in November 2005, too. Does anyone happen to know if it contains the above mentioned video and audio transfers?

- Jurassic Park R6 DVD (Gouduo.com)
- Jurassic Park R2 UK DVD (Amazon.co.uk)

#2 of 6 Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 12:45 PM

ive heard people complain that the 2000 R1 version is not all it could be.
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#3 of 6 mike kaminski

mike kaminski

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 01:15 PM

Its not.

#4 of 6 Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted January 01 2008 - 02:43 AM

I managed to to pick one up in China. It was so cheap I thought it was a bootleg, so I dumped the case and cover to try and avoid attention.

Only to find when I get home it is a legitimate release!

Anyway, it truely is a 9mb bitrate.

I dont have the R2 Superbit to compare but I'm glad I finally have a DTS version (you can certainly hear the difference to the DD track). I wonder how the sound compares.

#5 of 6 temproh

temproh

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 01 2008 - 06:10 AM

Maybe someone who has the R2 UK DVD from 2005 could use DVD Bit Rate Viewer to see if the video transfer might be the same.

#6 of 6 Kim1979

Kim1979

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 29 2009 - 06:22 AM

Yes, the Japanese Superbit has minor noise in certain scenes while the R6 has a very clean video transfer. Regarding DTS track, R6 has a better dynamic range than the Superbit version.

Compare Superbit and R6 with European releases, the European releases look like a disaster.

The comparision is done by a German website...
caps-a-holic.com - DVD Comparisons - Jurassic Park

By the way, there are some R6 discs surpass R1 & R2 releases in picture and sound that you don't know. you can find out here..

The Import Forums :: View topic - R6 DVDs update (April 2009 releases added)