What's new

Depp and Mann May Plan Crime Wave [Public Enemies] (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...1ea0096dd7ba8d

The Hollywood Reporter says that Johnny Depp and Michael Mann will sit down this week to discuss teaming up for a film about the Depression-era crime wave.

Mann has long been interested in mounting a screen adaptation of Brian Burrough's nonfiction book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-34" for Universal.

Mann -- who has considered taking the helm of Columbia's spy thriller Edwin A. Salt but has not committed to that project because he believes it needs a rewrite -- has an open slot. And Depp was to have starred in Warner/Initial Entertainment's Shantaram followed by Warner Independent's The Rum Diaries, but both of those projects were postponed last month.

The trade says Depp is said to be eyeing the role of bank robber John Dillinger. Along with Mann, Kevin Misher is on board as producer; Robert De Niro and his partner Jane Rosenthal, who originally optioned the book, have been involved as executive producers; and the studio is looking at a March start in Chicago if all the elements come together.

-----------

An odd pairing but an interseting one. Always anticipating Mann's projects and Depp is an awesome actor. I hope Mann takes in charge of the directing this.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I thought Mann was prepping a Will Smith film titled Empire :)

Whatever Mann does, with whoever leads, is fine by me. As long as he starts making a movie, I'll go see it!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
WOW!!! Depp, Mann and Bale..........that's a home run combination in my book. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks