What's new

DVD Profiler 3.1 is out (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rather than just tack it onto the DVD Profiler 3.0 is out thread, I thought I would start a new thread to alert anyone who might be interested.
Edit
* Changed high res image download to avoid transmission of registration information
* Corrected an error that could cause incorrect data display after switching databases without reloading the program
* Blank date entries (purchase date, release date, last edited) will no longer export an entry to the XML (was exporting 1899-12-30 or in some cases a random date)
* Corrected ampersand display for Personalize DVD, Loan to Custom, and Watched By screens
* In tags, corrected functions of Check All Children and Uncheck All Children
* Corrected Exception and doubled users when editing users from Loan to Custom
* Corrected access violation when showing disc location field and performing certain actions
* Corrected an error in the new menu item integration menu that caused it to fail in certain cases. As a result, UPC should now show as an available field in the collection listing
* Various additional error corrections
* Corrected issue which caused NTSC/PAL setting to be changed when synching with DVD Profiler Online in some cases
* Corrected access violation checking/unchecking Adult Titles in mobile synch settings, Upcoming
* Actor name format now works correctly with color code names setting
* Corrected a joining SQL error in the General filters
* AnyDVD check made throughout in case AnyDVD is launched after DVD Profiler
* "UPC not recognized" message removed when unchecking 'download from invelos'
* Selection of first non-divider in cast now handles more than one leading divider
* Editing studios from Edit DVD window no longer reverts studio changes
* Drop-down for studios now selects current studio properly
* Event notes now properly backed up and restored
* If filter is present that hides children, editing the parent no longer removes them
* When a profile is downloaded with no birth year, the existing local birth years for that profile now remain
* Several additions and changes for translation support
* Corrected some filters on the general tab being unable to clear
* Title location now matching on correct sort title field
* Removed quotes from "true", "false" from several header var object creation calls
* Escaped quotes for DP_Studios, DP_Disc Location and Slot
* Corrected DP_AspectRatio for non-US floating point number formats
* Restoring a database while in details view no longer results in error messages

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Thanks Mike for the "heads up" on this new version. In reading the Changes/Enhancements section all I can say is WOW! I am glad that Invelos took it over and that we are not waiting months and months for improvements as we did with the previous owner.
To anyone who is still looking for a great DVD cataloging program I would highly recommed DVD Profiler.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I admittedly have no idea what most of those inhancements are, I just know I appreciate the continued developement. :D
now they need to do a plug in for the "Actors" pictures. I started doing it, and boy is it time consuming. So obviously I want someone else to do all the work for me :P

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell G said:
now they need to do a plug in for the "Actors" pictures. I started doing it, and boy is it time consuming. So obviously I want someone else to do all the work for me :P
I agree 100% Russell. I dont get the nesting thing either, what is it, how does it work?

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Russell G said:
Someone already has. You'll have to look over of their site, but someone created a headshot database. You download it and do a restore and it will add the most of the photos for you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. If the "nesting" thing means we can have sub-groups of DVDs within the main collection...THAT would be great!
For example, I currently have my kids' collections maintained within my database by adding their names before each of their titles. This isn't perfect because you can't have more than one of the saem title within your collection. I will have to investigate.
And maybe it's me...but the updates seem to be downloading faster. :D Maybe that's just one of those things like your car running better after you've had it washed and waxed! ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
MarkHarrison said:
Someone already has. You'll have to look over of their site, but someone created a headshot database. You download it and do a restore and it will add the most of the photos for you.
... and it took me ages to find. I suck at searches. anyways, since Rick also mentioned interest, here's a link to the thread discussing this:
http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?t...topicID=171474
The actual database is available here:
http://headshots.dvdalistic.com/down...ils.php?file=3
I'm currently downloading it, I haven't actually installed/tried it. I'm guessing this is the one Mark was talking about. Thanks again!! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks to everybody that has provided some information about this updated program.

Crawdaddy

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Frezon said:
Hmmm. If the "nesting" thing means we can have sub-groups of DVDs within the main collection...THAT would be great!
For example, I currently have my kids' collections maintained within my database by adding their names before each of their titles. This isn't perfect because you can't have more than one of the saem title within your collection. I will have to investigate.
And maybe it's me...but the updates seem to be downloading faster. :D Maybe that's just one of those things like your car running better after you've had it washed and waxed! ;)
Yes, that's exactly what the nesting option can do. You set up a Profile called "John's DVDs" (for example) and assign all of his dvds to this profile via the boxset option.
BTW, this could also be accomplised using Tags. Tags can be quickly filtered or sorted as required.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Mike Frezon said:
What you want to do is to go to the Add DVD window. Select Add By Title, then in the bottom left, uncheck Download from Invelos. What you're doing is adding a manual profile.
Once you have your manual profile added to your collection, you can edit the profile and add whatever you want to that profile. There's also a http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=195670

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for the link Russell. Also thanks guys for the explanation of the nesting. Sounds cool, as i keep my anime, and TV separate from movies. Now i can do it on my profiler too!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Add my thanks to Rick's for all the info on "nesting." This is, indeed, going to be VERY helpful for a number of reasons! :emoji_thumbsup:
Great screencap, Mark. Shows it perfectly.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Took the plunge last night and bought it (I've used the free version for years). Love the new look... and the high-res cover shots are really glorious.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hadn't checked lately...but I see now that 3.11 is out (as of October 8). Here are the details:
Last Watched to hang
Corrected an error which allowed extra spaces to be entered in the registration information window name fields
Subitles and audio tracks now translate in HTML windows and profile previews
Subtitles now sort properly in HTML windows and profile previews, eliminating false difference indicator
Corrected error: qryCollection Field 'MEDIA_TYPES' not found when pasting an image into DVD Profiler

BroHowl

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Wright
I have been a DVD Profiler user since v1.0. It is the best program for arranging and managing a DVD collection. Unfortunately I tried to update my collection this evening to find invelos.com is nowhere to be found.

I am hoping the Webmaster or site owner will see this post and let us know what is going on.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
BroHowl said:
I have been a DVD Profiler user since v1.0. It is the best program for arranging and managing a DVD collection. Unfortunately I tried to update my collection this evening to find invelos.com is nowhere to be found.
I am hoping the Webmaster or site owner will see this post and let us know what is going on.
it works for me, right now
http://invelos.com/

CharlesRLPower

Auditioning
I am also failing to connect. Clicking on the link seems to lead me to one of those sites which offer unused sitenames for purchase.

Apparently, when one requests a database update in DVD Profiler, the failure to connect leads to a message that there has been a version upgrade and the file format has changed.

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
No problems here with updating or accessing the web site. The problem may have been temporary.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Looks like DNS issues to me. The page that many of us are getting is a generic Network Solutions "park" page. According to Geektools, Network Solutions is who the invelos.com domain is registered to. Hmmm.

It may just be a matter of not paying attention and letting the domain lapse. Hope they can correct the problem soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks