-

Photo
- - - - -

Will she be another Lindsay or Britney?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#21 of 42 OFFLINE   Justin Lane

Justin Lane

Screenwriter

• 2,149 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran
It is sad though. Say she did want out of her contract, why go the nude photo route? Now it's all over the net and everyone can see it.

It's sad, because these young girls make really stupid decisions.

I guess it is American culture, but I really don't see the big deal with nudity or nude photos, or see a girl taking taking a picture of herself naked as a stupid decision. It's a body without clothes, which all we all see everyday when ourselves, young children or partners shower and get dressed.

I also don't see the deal with celebrities showing their naughty bits when they are swimming or getting out of a car wearing a skirt, as it happens to "normal" people all of the time. The only difference is there is not a throng of media hounding our every move.

J

#22 of 42 OFFLINE   JamesED

JamesED

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 01:10 AM

Our culture build up of nudity gets rediculous some times. Who cares if she took a private, naked photo of herself? Well, other than enjoying seeing it.

What is disgusting, is the worship of Lohan and Britney. They are classless felons that would be in jail with any other name.

#23 of 42 OFFLINE   drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 02:07 AM

Slightly off topic, but relevant. My daughter has always idolized Hillary Duff. Through-out her Lizzy McGuire shows and we have purchased all of her CDs. We even have seen her in concert. I am glad to see that she has avoided all the pitfalls of stardom so far. It shows that it can be done.

#24 of 42 OFFLINE   betooz

betooz

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 08:25 AM

Quote:
According to TMZ and pretty much all the gossip rags and news sites, Vanessa Hudgens of High School Musical fame took a nude photo of herself and it has since been plastered all over the internet (The Superficial, PerezHilton and many other blogs).

According to her managment, the photo is real. Disney has released her from her contract.

Sad.

What exactly is sad about a legal teen's nude picture getting posted on the Internet? She should do a little more personal grooming, but that is not a crime and I certainly would not kick her out of bed for it. Posted Image Granted, I don't have any kids and probably never will.

#25 of 42 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 09:16 AM

I don't have an issue with nudity, but I certainly don't see why young girls (celebrity or not) want a nude picture plastered all over the internet for any nasty creep to gawk at and use any way they wish.

I don't think there is anything racey about her picture. Other celebs have let far racier pictures be leaked. Call me old fashion, but in the age of the internet, once it is out there, it always will be out there.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#26 of 42 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 11:07 AM

"She should do a little more personal grooming"

I was going to comment on that but couldnt think of a way to put it without sounding vulgar.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#27 of 42 OFFLINE   JamesED

JamesED

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 01:34 PM

Why? She looks groomed enough already.

#28 of 42 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesED
Why? She looks groomed enough already.

Not if you like the "bare down there" look better! (Yes, I do!)
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#29 of 42 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 09:58 AM

She's fine.
And Disney DID NOT drop her from her contract agreement. She maintained her appearances on Radio Disney and elsewhere this weekend, and Disney has her booked for an album coming up. None of that has changed.

The "official" story as of right now seems to go like this (thanks E! Radio):

Picture was sent specifically to one person (oh, let's assume her boyfriend Zac Efron)
Computer was serviced for problems
Suddenly, one week later, pictures appear published on Internet.

Girl has nothing to be sorry for. If the story is legit, then whoever (or whichever service) harvested data should be the ones ashamed.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#30 of 42 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 10:47 AM

she's on Leno this thursday (at least she's supposed to be...)
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#31 of 42 OFFLINE   betooz

betooz

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
Our culture build up of nudity gets rediculous some times. Who cares if she took a private, naked photo of herself? Well, other than enjoying seeing it.

What is disgusting, is the worship of Lohan and Britney. They are classless felons that would be in jail with any other name.

I could not agree more James. Too bad there isn't a handshake icon.

#32 of 42 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 09 2007 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#33 of 42 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
Will she be another Lindsay or Britney?

Quote:
she's on Leno this thursday (at least she's supposed to be...)

That's a good start!

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#34 of 42 OFFLINE   BrianShort

BrianShort

Supporting Actor

• 934 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 01:11 PM

I dont know enough about her to know if she'll be another Britany or Lindsey, but if she does, it won't be because of these pictures...

I can understand her being embarrassed that they leaked into the public domain, but other than that I don't think she should be sorry or apologize to anyone. It's not her fault they were leaked, from the sounds of it.

#35 of 42 OFFLINE   MikeH1

MikeH1

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted September 09 2007 - 05:16 PM

"we got bush!"

In this day and age of the clean look it's nice to see.

#36 of 42 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,203 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 09 2007 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
I don't have an issue with nudity, but I certainly don't see why young girls (celebrity or not) want a nude picture plastered all over the internet for any nasty creep to gawk at and use any way they wish.
I don't think she wanted it plastered all over the internet. It's got to be tremendously embarrassing. These things just have a way of getting out when you're (semi) famous. As long as she doesn't drive drunk, snort coke off a public toilet seat, or end up in a criminal court I'd argue she's still way ahead of the curve.

#37 of 42 OFFLINE   JamesED

JamesED

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted September 10 2007 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Posted Image

Wow.

#38 of 42 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 10 2007 - 04:01 AM

Quote:
Wow.

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#39 of 42 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 10 2007 - 04:29 AM

As far as the comment "Will she be another Lindsay or Britney", I didn't mean in terms of drug use or bad driving habits, I was meaning in terms of how all of a sudden all these young stars are getting pictures snapped of their naughty bits and then posted all over the net.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#40 of 42 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 10 2007 - 05:27 AM

http://newpaper.asia....141402,00.html

Quote:
Said Hudgens, who has, until now, had a wholesome, sweetie-pie image: 'I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos.
Taking nude pictures of oneself is bad now? The most I would have said was that I regret that what should have been private pictures leaked out. Of course, she said what she had to say to save her career.

The girl did nothing out of the ordinary and nothing wrong.

But in this day and age where privacy has all but vanished, extra care must be taken to safeguard sensitive information. And perhaps the risk vs rewards of generating such information must be evaluated with equal care.

--
H

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow