Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Commando Director's Cut coming in September!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 995 posts

Posted June 06 2007 - 01:12 AM

Just noticed this over at DVDTimes, check out the link below:

http://dvdtimes.co.u...contentid=65059

Heheh! I'm so there! Posted Image

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted June 06 2007 - 05:18 AM

HOLY MATRIX! Never thought this film would get SE treatment. Can't wait to see what gets put back into the film (besides more gore). So many great lines in this movie. "Don't wake my friend, he's dead tired." "I eat green berrets for breakfast, and right now, I'm VERY hungry!" "Let off some steam, Bennet!" And my favorite: "I'm air-sick." lol!

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted June 06 2007 - 03:33 PM

Hell yeah! This movie is awesome.

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted June 06 2007 - 06:14 PM

"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied." Hehehe... this one is a classic Arnold popcorn flick. So glad to finally see it get the special edition treatment.

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 07 2007 - 02:02 AM

'I'll be back, Bennet!' Posted Image

I've been waiting for an anamorphic copy of this film for years. I am all over this DVD when it comes out. Posted Image
Recently watched- The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1, The Solid Gold Kidnapping, Wine,Women and War, The Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek: Season 2, Zardoz, Royal Flash, Man Of Tai Chi, Inkheart, Ladyhawke, 47 Ronin: 3D, The Killer Elite, 3 Days To Kill, Pitch Black, The Amazing Spider-man 2: 3D, Khartoum, The Babadook

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 4, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 1, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2

"I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz."

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Tom_Ca

Tom_Ca

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 07 2007 - 04:06 AM

Matrix: Don't break radio silence until they see me. Cindy: How will I know? Matrix: Because all fucking hell is going to break loose. lol

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,701 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted June 07 2007 - 05:03 AM

You steal my car, you rip the seat out, you kidnap me, you ask me to help you find your daughter which I very kindly do, and then you get me involved in a shoot out where people are dying and there's blood spurting all over the place, and then I watch you rip a phone booth out of a wall, swing from the ceiling like Tarzan, and then there's a cop that's going to shoot you and I save you and they start chasing me. Are you going to tell me what's going on or what?

No!

Classic 80's actioner. Will buy. Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,366 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted June 07 2007 - 05:17 AM

My favorite moment -- Matrix's double-fisted punch to the mall cop's chest. Are there other versions coming to other regions?
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted June 07 2007 - 05:46 AM

Sorry, but the 'Kill Arnold, Kill!' featurette just sounds creepy.

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 07 2007 - 02:53 PM

This DVD would be a perfect candidate to put into a steelbook. FOX seems to be putting most of their rereleases in them these days.....they should do so for Commando too.
Recently watched- The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1, The Solid Gold Kidnapping, Wine,Women and War, The Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek: Season 2, Zardoz, Royal Flash, Man Of Tai Chi, Inkheart, Ladyhawke, 47 Ronin: 3D, The Killer Elite, 3 Days To Kill, Pitch Black, The Amazing Spider-man 2: 3D, Khartoum, The Babadook

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 4, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 1, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2

"I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz."

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted June 07 2007 - 11:55 PM

great stuff indeed
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 01:48 AM

It's probably a set-top game (like on Disney DVDs) where you play a first-person game, shooting at Arnolds.

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   Patrick H.

Patrick H.

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 02:06 AM

Oh MAN. This is the infamous film where, legend has it, they had to edit out a shot of Arnie smacking a dude with his own severed arm! I'd pay double the price of this thing just to see that...hope it really exists! I've laughed harder at this film the fifth time through than most brand new comedies...

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 10:00 PM

Recieved the dvd today and had a quick scan through it.Not actually 5mins longer than the theatrical version.Only around 1min 30sec difference in the running times but the toolshed scene is a bit more bloodier than the theatrical version with added footage and an alternate circular saw death, the commentary is actually available on both cuts of the film with slight additins for the director's cut.Mark L.Lester actually mentions the arm beating scene but it doesn't look like it was ever filmed.When Arnold suggested it,the director though it would be a bit too over the top.

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   BrentJ

BrentJ

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 08:29 AM

Did they fix the wrecked porsche scene? You know where Arnold turns the car back over and its a brand new porsche.

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Mark Hawley

Mark Hawley

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 08:31 AM

That would be sacrilege!

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,477 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 11:54 AM

With you guys talking about this, I thought it was out already. Oh well, I can wait another couple of weeks.Posted Image

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 01:41 PM

Hey, that's one of the moments that makes the film so awesome!

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   Jakerman1988

Jakerman1988

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted September 10 2010 - 07:52 PM

The "Commando" DVD is good, but the commentary could have been better. Mark Lester seems to ramble on and on and he basically runs out of things to say before the film ends. The featurettes are decent, too, but why would they add the additional footage as an extra if you can already see it on the Director's cut? That just irks me. Even the "Family Fun Edition" DVD of another Schwarzenegger classic "Jingle All The Way" does the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users