Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I just saw an F-Troop Season 2 DVD commercial!! Anyone spot this or others?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted May 30 2007 - 01:49 PM

It was on TVLand during Sanford & Son! I generally never see commercials for DVDs aside from some DVD subscriptions and a few months ago I saw one for Time Life's Get Smart plus TCM pushing some things between films. A Week or so ago I started seeing some for The War at Home a lot and recently commercials for John Wayne boxsets. It looks like the studios are finally starting to advertise on TV and I am most happy to see F-Troop in an ad. Post when you see one and what it is pushing.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,306 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 31 2007 - 01:45 AM

No. The last time I saw a TV DVD set advertised, of anything prior to 1990, was Dallas S1/S2, three years ago. No ads for subsequent seasons.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted May 31 2007 - 03:02 AM

the best way to sell the DVD set is to show episodes on TVLand and remind people that you can buy the complete season sets. The history channel does it at the end of their shows. Didn't they do this with That Girl a couple months ago?
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted June 02 2007 - 02:03 AM

Now that I think of it I may have seen a That Girl commercial before. TVLand has been showing the F-Troop commercial a lot between Lucy and Beaver, during Three's Company and Sanford & Son.

I just heard another commercial on it that was pushing something TV related but I forget what yet I do recall the end that made me look up: also coming soon, The Fall Guy. 2 ads in one.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 02 2007 - 02:33 AM

I saw a commercial yesterday for the first season set of Ironside!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted June 02 2007 - 08:19 AM

I saw a ChiPs Season 1 DVD commercial on TVLand. I think I watch TVLand a lot.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,306 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 02 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. The studios have been penny wise and pound foolish with their advertising for too long. There are probably plenty of potential buyers who do not know that their favorite shows, or shows they have never seen that they might like, are on DVD. The if-you-build-it-they-will-come/Field of Dreams stuff does not work in home video.

If F Troop S2 doesn't sell that well, it's not like there's a third season never to release.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Bert Greene

Bert Greene

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted June 02 2007 - 01:11 PM

True, sometimes folks just aren't aware of their favorites being available. Not everyone is 'plugged in' like we are to the hobby, following all these announcements and release-dates. Last week, I was at my dentist, and as we found ourselves discussing the topic of old tv shows, he mentioned an old favorite of his was "Cheyenne." He had no idea the first-season was available (and has been for a year!), but upon learning, he made a beeline towards a local store and picked it up over the weekend.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted June 02 2007 - 09:40 PM

I saw the F-Troop ad! It was on the Golf Channel, of all places!

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff-Wooten

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted June 03 2007 - 01:41 AM

I've seen ads for Mission: Impossible S2 on TV Land.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted June 03 2007 - 01:47 AM

I was working on a shoot at a company that makes these ovens that are hooked up with the internet and are part fridges. They kept calling it the Jetson's Oven (not the official trademarked slogan). I joked with the head of the company that he must buy a lot of the Jetson boxsets to give out as gifts. He didn't know they'd been out for three years.

and now that deepdiscount has its 20% off sale, I'll be picking up season 2 of F Troop
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,306 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 03 2007 - 07:59 AM

No wonder these sets don't sell. No one knows they exist!

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Gregory V

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted June 04 2007 - 03:42 AM

Got my set last week and its quite funny. You HAVE to see the episode where Paul Lynde plays the singing mountie!!!!