What's new

Halo 3 beta HTF Matchups (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Anyone want to start matchmaking on the Halo 3 Beta (5/16/07-6/6/07) assuming you have access? I played a bit last night, its different from Halo 2, but I was getting pwned already. Some people are just naturally good Im starting to think, either that or they don't have job's or school and just played all day long!

Here's my gamertag: B1oodthirst. Anyone else want to post their's? Perhaps we can start a HTF Beta Clan thing.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
What do you think of it, over all? I didn't get it (felt bad having to buy another game to play essentially a demo of another) but am still curious. I was a late-comer to the Halo universe, having missed 1 and played only a bit of 2 and then only in multiplayer. While I had a ball, it hasn't been nearly as fun as my games of Call of Duty 2 or more recently the superior Rainbow Six: Vegas. When I was on last night, of my 15 or so folks on my Friend's list who were gaming at that moment, 10 were in the Halo3 demo. Jokingly, the rest of us sent invites to our R6 game and lo and behold, all of the Halo folks we invited joined our R6 game. They said the demo was basically Halo2 but with a bit better graphics.

Granted, it IS a demo but they were hoping to be blown away by a revolutionary new step in the franchise (and after R6 and Gears of War, people expect it) but what they got was the same run and gun gameplay of the last game, albeit prettier. This was the consensus of everyone who played it.

Anyone else? I am still curious and will pop over to my buds to watch it in action.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Its good. The loading time and matchmaking takes forever, but I'm hoping its because its demo. the control layouts have changed a bit. took a few games to get used to. To communicate with your team you have to hold down up down left or right on the d-pad. this is nearly impossible while running around or whatever, so it sucks and its my biggest complaint. Also the grenades are weak and the radius of damage is limited. I watch people practically sit on my 'nades and didn't get blown up. Some weapons are way too powerful. the maps are decent, Jumping seems less high now even when you crouch jump. Overall I like some new features and weapons though. its still fun to play. If your curious, go rent Crackdown and see if you can download the demo. you have to access the demo through Crackdown every time though, and crackdown takes forever to launch because you cant skip past the stupid screens that each company that had part of the game has to get in. (i.e. a video for Microsoft Games, Realtime Worlds, or whatever they are called, etc)/

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jean (B1oodthirst) what's up?!?!

Man I miss the old Halo2 HTF crowd. Unfortunately life got too busy and I was playing less, and my good buddy Black Mould decided to have a kid...well okay his wife had it...and that pretty much killed any free time he had. Long story short, I didn't renew my Bruins96 account.

But we had some great times, huh? Halo3 almost...almost makes me want to get a 360. I have a PS3 but I use it 95% for Blu-Ray. I think I have like 2 games for it, though I will buy NCAA Football 2008 when it comes out for it. Oh, and the Chow-yun Fat game just so I can get the Blu-Ray of Hard Boiled.

Anyway, I hope you're still gaming with the HTF crowd. Those were fun days. Holadem was a blast to have on your team...almost as much fun as having him on the other team ;)

Peace!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yeah, Ive had two kids but I still made time at night. Luckily my wife is great about it. I haven't played much Halo 2 lately. they reset everyones stats and all kinds of new maps and game changes and cheating got crazy for a while. very aggravating. anyway, I haven't played w/ HTF for a while, at one point nobody hoped on anymore so I joined a friends clan MESH, then it got too crowded w/ too many noobs. so we started MESH Elite.

As far as getting a 360, I recommend it, I love mine, I use it more as a media center extended though, streaming music to my HT from my computer, but With the new Elites hitting the stores, I think the price of used 360 Core's will come down, and I may pick up one for my bedroom HT for the same reason. 360 is very loud though. I HATE that part. but its a cheap MCE none-the-less. I just haven't built some sort of noise reduction box. (I'm thinking something that projector users use). Supposedly Microsoft is changing its processor or something to create a less hot, quieter Xbox as a newer model, but their DVD drives also create a ton of noise. I dont know. But even if I didnt have a 360, I would buy one just to play Halo 3, Ive had more fun (and aggrivation) playing that game than any other game (accept for the Quest For Glory games on the PC years ago)

EDIT: check this out. $100 off a premium 360 the price seems to be $100 off of a new unit. apparently this is a refurb unit, so its only like 30 bucks off or something. not a good enough deal for me.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If any of you want to play Halo 3 beta with some fun people, you can add me to your friends list (Gamertag: CaptDS9E), and I will invite you when we are on. I play with a group of people who used to be a large part of the Video game discussion on this forum years back, but left (long story). The address of the board we hang out at is in my signature. Would love to have you join in on some games with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks