Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

227 Season 2 and 3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 02:01 PM

Will these seasons ever be released on DVD? Its been a long time since the 1st season. The series was at its best in seasons 2 and 3. If poor sales was the issue, next time Sony please advertise. Market the release to hair salons, Barbershops, in magazines etc...

Please consider.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Gregory V

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 02:07 PM

I would LOVE to have at least the second and third season released.
I NEVER saw the first season advertised anywhere. Just happened to see it announced on TV Shows on DVD's site.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 02:32 PM

And they wonder why the sales are poor. I did not know 227 was coming to DVD until one month before the release date.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_C
And they wonder why the sales are poor. I did not know 227 was coming to DVD until one month before the release date.
sad thing is, I remember calling a store and asking how much they had it for, and the clerk didn't even know what I was talking about when I said 227

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,277 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 17 2007 - 02:44 AM

This show should have been finished in 2006.

Sony did no advertising, tried to cram 10 episodes onto a disc, and expected it to fly off the shelves.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 23 2007 - 09:48 AM

I really hope Sony will release the 2nd and 3rd season of 227 on DVD. Again the series really picks up in those seasons.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted April 23 2007 - 10:07 AM

Not every show turns out to be dead in the water. Mad About You, Laverne & Shirley, Larry Sanders & Once & Again are all examples.

I'd like to have every season up to that unfortunate one where a bunch of strangers moved into the building & Jackee was mostly MIA.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Gregory V

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted April 23 2007 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rain
Not every show turns out to be dead in the water. Mad About You, Laverne & Shirley, Larry Sanders & Once & Again are all examples.

I'd like to have every season up to that unfortunate one where a bunch of strangers moved into the building & Jackee was mostly MIA.

The fourth and fifth season were pretty dismal compared to the first three.
the slide started when Countess Vaughn showed up and it got worse from there.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted July 04 2010 - 04:18 AM

Any news on 227?

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,277 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 05 2010 - 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Shawn_C 

Any news on 227?

More time has passed since season 1's release than the run of the entire series to begin with. Its only hope now is if it's included in Shout! Factory's deal with Sony.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted July 05 2010 - 07:58 PM

Maybe it's time to jump ahead and just do a complete series set. Another former NBC comedy, Gimme A Break is doing the same thing. I'm hoping this becomes a trend.

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

Forum Nav Content I Follow