• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 MarkWK

MarkWK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted March 28 2007 - 11:35 PM

Does anynoe know anything about an eventual release of the film The Choirboys to DVD. This is the comedy made from a Joseph Wambaugh novel of the same name. Does anyone know what studio owns the rights to this?
Thanks,
Mark

#2 of 6 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted March 29 2007 - 05:39 AM

Mark, this is one that I'm wanting as well. No word that I've seen about any upcoming release. Then again, who knows....maybe it's on the production runway as we read this thread.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 6 Bob Graham

Bob Graham

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted March 29 2007 - 05:49 AM

Universal owns the rights. It just turned up on either IFC or Sundance, I can't remember which (but I did make a copy to watch until the official release is announced).

#4 of 6 amykz1971

amykz1971

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 03:18 AM

You can write to Universal Studios, that's what I did. Maybe if they get enough requests they will release the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray. I wrote to Universal Studios, on the suggestion of a message board from another website.

#5 of 6 RBailey

RBailey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:32 AM

If you are a Time Warner Cable customer (or know someone who is), THE CHOIRBOYS is available on the Time Warner "On Demand" movie tier. It's available through 12/31/2013 and is a $1.99 purchase. I have a VHS copy of THE CHOIRBOYS and have been meaning to check it out on the "On Demand" system to see what the quality is like. I'll try to check this out in the next few days.

#6 of 6 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 11:42 AM

For now you can watch it on Netflix Instant, or buy or rent it from Amazon Instant Video. Amazon print quality is decent; now that that same year's TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING has made it to DVD/Blu this may be the hardest Aldrich title to obtain on physical media. (Well, OK, WORLD FOR RANSOM and TEN SECONDS TO HELL might be harder, but their profile is lower than that of this or SODOM AND GOMORRAH, which was on LD and can be found on overseas DVD.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users