Amp cutting out (1 Viewer)

Anicrow

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
I just purchased a set of:
JBL GTO1002D 10" subs, 250 watts/1k peak

Powered by a JL E1400D

In my brand new: Suzuki Verona (2006) (4door/v6)

First off, it sounds great on bass heavy stuff and rock alike, but when I really crank the system it seems I"m not getting enough current to my amp.

Especially at idling speeds, I've checked the wires myself and they all seam intact (Not sure about the grounding) but I'm going to head back to the shop today and see what they think.

I figured I"d end up spending more money on something like Capacitors, or an Audio MADCAP car battery (Or something like that).

What my question is, if it's handling the extreme bass cranked (With obvious dash flicker) but cutting out on occaision, do you think Capacitors would be enough? (Since they can't provide more power, just make it more accurate) or would I have to shove out the extra for the Audio battery thing?

Thanks,
Anicrow

Denton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Denton
You may have the gain turned up too high. Turn it down and try things again.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Capacitors are a band-aide to the problem. I would guess that your alternator isn't up to snuff, given that your dash lights are flickering at idle speed.

Best to fix the problem rather than using a band-aide.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
Capacitors are for the most part totally worthless, what impedance is ur amplifier wired too, little sob's probably going into thermal protection.

LUKassZ32

Agent
Real Name
luke
As Evan asked, what impedance is your amp set to? YOU don't have it "bridged" do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks