Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Ozzy Steps Up to Bat for Fans: Free Tix
Tuesday, February 6, 2007 8:34 PM EST
The Associated Press
By NOAKI SCHWARTZ

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It's the most startling news to hit the heavy-metal circuit since Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat. The wizard of the Ozzfest is going back on the road this summer and this time the tickets to his 25-city tour will be free.

"It's our 12th year and we wanted to shake it up a bit and do something different," Osbourne's wife, Sharon, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Ticket prices for Ozzfest, which have ranged from $35 to $150, were beginning to rise beyond the reach of the rocker's loyal fans, his wife said, and he didn't want that to happen.

"It's not saying that I'm now Mother Teresa or that Ozzy is a saint, but you know what? He's been doing this a long time and his audience has been really good to him," Sharon Osbourne said. "So if he goes out one summer of his life and he doesn't get paid, big deal."

Osbourne has been wooing corporate sponsors to cover the cost of the tour. So far, his wife said, six have signed up.

The tour kicks off July 7 in Los Angeles, with stops planned in San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, New York, St. Louis and several other cities. A final list of dates and stops is still in the works.

Organizers haven't revealed yet who will be joining Osbourne on stage, but his wife said she hopes it will include numerous special guests who will drop in for one or two shows.

Over the years, Ozzfest has showcased a number of up-and-coming bands, including Linkin Park, Incubus and System of a Down.

Anicrow

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
I got to be honest, after leaving a lot of states high and dry for ozzfest, I'm glad to see mine being one of the main stopping points (Denver)

It's been 2 years away from here, and now it's coming back free, (I wouldn't of paid to go again if it wasn't) so I'll definately plan my summer around that one day. (My friend and I still talk about 2005..or 04...not sure) It's time for some new memories haha.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's only been a few bands on Ozzfest that I like (probably only Tool, Ozzy, Rob Zombie and Black Sabbath) but it's really cool that they're doing it for free this year.

Good luck battling for the tickets though. :)

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Ozzy screwed Columbus a few times as well. Hopefully he will be coming back here. As far as tickets I heard a rumor that is was going to be a lottery type of deal. And I hope there are some good bands with him.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They got hurricaned out here (WPB) last time -- glad to see they're planning a return engagement!

Sam H

Second Unit
I imagine it'll be hard to obtain them free, with many people having to go to eBay for a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.