Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help finding a fun game for me and my lady friend

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Mark Giles

Mark Giles

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 09:16 AM

I'm just tryin to find something fun that me and her can play. I'm thinkin of gettin one of the Mario Party's, but the reviews show that they've gotten worse over the last few years. But i'm lookin for something that's simple for her to play and has good replay value. Just something easy that u can mash buttons but yet a little challenging. Cube, xbox or ps2.. either one of these will work. Any ideas?

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 09:51 AM

Lego Star Wars (both versions) You don't even have to be a Lego or Star Wars fan to enjoy it. If you could find a Wii, she might enjoy the games there as they all (as of now, anyway) are very easy to learn. And games like Rayman, Monkeyball and Wario, you can just pick it and go for about 15 mins.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Mark Giles

Mark Giles

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 11:03 AM

Ahhh! That's right...Monkeyball! I forgot about that one. ...about that Wario and Rayman...can you play two players at the same time? Cause that's more of what I'm looking for. I'll try that Lego SW's too. Thanks!

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 09:12 PM

Dance Revolution would be really fun to play together. A great game for couples to have fun with together

all-banner.jpg

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,077 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 30 2007 - 05:29 AM

There're also the Donkey Konga drum games (which are really inexpensive these days). And the various Karaoke games. My wife isn't a serious gamer (or a fantasy fan), but we played through Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance together and had a great time. I believe there are versions for all three of those systems (but I'm not sure whether they all feature 2-player coop play).
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   PerryD

PerryD

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 06:31 AM

If you do pick up any of the DDR games, order some decent pads on Ebay, just search for Ignition Dance Pads. I think you can get 2 of them for $30 delivered. They are heavier, 1 inch thick pads that won't bunch up or scoot around on the floor. If you are interested in the Mario Party titles, go ahead and pick one up. I think the latest (maybe more) allow you to play in teams, so that you and a friend can always play against the computer opponents in the mini-games. For the Xbox, you can get ToeJam & Earl 3, not as good as the original, but still silly multiplayer pseudo adventure-style game.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted January 31 2007 - 04:29 AM

Add another vote for Lego Star Wars II from me.

Posted Image Posted Image

When the demo came out for the XBox360 I downloaded it and thought it was "cute." But when my grandson came over and actually was playing it (he has it at home on his Nintendo Gamecube) I suddenly realized that there's a lot more to it than what I had surmised from the demo. I immediately purchased the full XBox360 version and have been having a blast with it (no pun intended.) Very clever stuff. As mentioned, you don't even have to be a fan of the movies, but if you are you'll love how they've taken George Lucas' world and transformed it into LegoLand.

Highly recommended - especially since in cooperative mode you help each other out rather than competing. That's a really great feature if one participant is much more of a klutz than the other (I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which between my 9 year old grandson and myself!)

Posted Image Posted Image

It appears that the game is a winner on all platforms. I know that the XBox360 version and the gamecube version both allow cooperative play (with entry and exit at any point by either participant not disrupting the current play). And the Nintendo DS (yes, I had to buy that version too since I was curious) also does an admirable job and allows cooperative wireless play between two DSes, each equipped with a game cartridge.

May the farce be with you!

Posted Image

RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted January 31 2007 - 05:07 AM

What about Guitar hero 2? My wife and I play this all the time, and one of the best features of this game is that i can play on expert and she can play on easy.
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."

My DVD List

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,077 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 31 2007 - 05:58 AM

Guitar Hero 2 may be a little tricky if he's looking for "something easy that u can mash buttons but yet a little challenging."
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Brent T

Brent T

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 01:32 AM

The only video game I could ever get my wife to play with me was SSX Tricky and SSX 3. She absolutely loved these games. Now she wasnt great at it and couldnt pull off all the tricks, but we spent hours with this game.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted February 06 2007 - 08:10 AM

actually my wife loves Tricky also... she doesnt really do tricks or anything she just likes to race and the music.... she would always beat me cause i was too busy doing tricks LOL also Tekken... any button mashing fighter... it was always fun to take her to the arcades back in the day and have her humiliate all the guys. Posted Image
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."

My DVD List

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted February 06 2007 - 01:23 PM

I still love Mario Kart. Bruce
The Mads are calling

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 09:34 AM

Funny, my wife plays SSX Tricky and Guitar Hero 2 and thats it. Last night I was doing some work on the computer, next thing I know she is jamming to some Foo Fighters.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 03:56 PM

*laugh* my wife spends her time playing original Super Mario Bros. (VC on Wii) and Wii sports. Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users