What's new

Denon A/V Separates! (1 Viewer)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Denon announced A/V Separates yesterday at CES! No word on pricing.

AVP Processor

The AVP Processor sports virtually all of the features currently found on the AVR-5805CI with some added bonuses including:

* HDMI 1.3
* Analog to HDMI Conversion and upscaling to 1080p
* Realta HQV Processing
* Dolby TruHD and DTS HD decoding
* Multi Channel Zone 2 Output for dual surround zones
* Zone 4 Digital Audio
* Simply HD Certified silicon image approves connectivity and operability
* Remote maintenance program
* Wireless audio streaming with WMA support
* Balanced outputs

10 Channel Multi Channel Amplifier

* Full 10 channel amplifier design
* Full channel assignment configurability
* Specified Power: 150wpc x 10 or 300 x 5 (bridgeable)
* In Bridge mode, the amp is fully stable down to 4 ohm loads
* Balanced inputs
* VU Front Panel Power Meters
* Handles on back, 20 amp
* 10CH
* UL Certified
* 140lbs

Source: http://www.audioholics.com/ces/CESpr...nSeparates.php

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
According to the video the power amp contains ten channels - i don't understand this continued fascination Denon has for this oddball configuration.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lance

Some people want to run two 5.1 systems at the same time...or biamplify their single 5.1 system.

Happy New Year

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
* not all rooms need 7.1.

* not everyone wants to look at seven speakers scattered around their room in exchange for a just little more sonic "atmosphere"; and with this big honkin' amp, these speakers won't be cute-n-inconspicuous cubes - they'll probably be more like large bookshelfs with single 8" or dual 6.5 inchers.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Just figured it was time to put this thread back on the map again:) This looks like it's going to be one amazing pre/pro! Theta, Meridian, Classe', Lexicon, and Krell, better watch out because the Denon AVP-A1HD is coming!

Here's some updated features that this bad boy will have:

THX Ultra 2
6 HDMI 1.3 in, 2 out - xxyycc color support and auto lip synch support
Full Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD support
Denon Link 3
Silicon Optix Realta HQV video processing
Audyssey Room Correction
9 Balanced Outputs (7.1 + 2 additional subs - interchangeable for zone 2 I expect)
Stereo Balanced Input
2 XLR Digital Inputs
4 Coax and 4 Optical Inputs
4 Optical outputs for other zones
Wireless and RJ45 audio streaming
4 Trigger Outputs
2 RS232 connections
Denon Control Link
Ipod Dock Support
Analog to HDMI Conversion and upscaling to 1080p
FLAC/WMA lossless
Windows Media PlaysForSure
HD Radio/XM/AM/FM (independent/simultaneous multi-zone capable)
Multi Channel Zone 2 Output for dual surround zones
Zone 4 Digital Audio
Simply HD Certified silicon image approves connectivity and operability
Remote maintenance program

Here's some pix:

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
The new Denon separates are absolutely badass, I imagine the pre-pro + power amp would run for $15-20 thousand? Love it, can't wait for the technologies found in the AVP-A1HD to trickle down to lower product lines. If Denon can release a trimmed down pre-pro in the $5K range I think this would be a huge hit with the custom home theater crowd.

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't think that amp will hit anywhere near its rated power with only one power cord attched to it. Wonder why they didn't use two separate cords?

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

I agree! These new separates are amazing! If the Pre/Pro sells for $7,500 or less, and it sounds as good as I think it will, I'm getting one.

I'm currently using a Sunfire TGIII pre/pro and I really like how it sounds with my Martin Logans. The only thing is that the Sunfire is quickly becoming dated with regard to connectivity options and decoding audio formats. Because of these things I am looking into replacing it with something else.

My first choice before I saw the new Denon AVP-A1HD was Anthem's D2 pre/pro. It definitely has nearly all the connections that the D2 has but it won't do wi-fi streaming (which is very important to me), and doesn't yet offer decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD. Now if Anthem does make these things available by years end, then I have that as an option as well. But it doesn't seem likely, The Denon seems like the one to beat.

4VTHOKIES

Agent
Real Name
Ted Pugh
I have already told my dealer to sign me up for the pre/pro when it hits the streets. There is no other pre/pro on the market that can compete with features, inputs, outputs two 5.1 systems or 1 7.1 and 1 5.1 theaters. I just hope they beefed up the preamp stage and Denon will have a huge winner on their hands.

I was told that the pre/amp will MSRP for $7000-$7500 and the amp the same. If it retails for $7000 then a street price of around $5000 will be attainable. This piece is basically taken the 5805ci's place in the Denon lineup. The high end receiver from Denon will now be the 5308. The thing I love about Denon products is that they are very well built with hardly any faults from day one when they hit the streets.

Sign me up.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
:D

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

Sign me up as well! :) I was really considering the Anthem D2, but for its $6,700 retail price it still doesn't do everything that this bad boy will do. I've used Denon in the past and was very pleased with the build quality and sound quality. Being that this is a dedicated A/V processor with all the the goodies (and then some), and has balanced outputs which I really want, the A1 is going to be the logical choice. I really hope that it does retail for $7,000 USD.

4VTHOKIES

Agent
Real Name
Ted Pugh

All the scuttle butt about is that it is going to be pretty darn close to 7k and should not go over 7.5k.

I am probably going to pair it up with a D-sonic amp which is an ICE power amp with switching. there 2500-7 is 3 channels at 525 watts and 4 channels at 250 watts per channel. The price is right and I have been reading a lot of great input on these new amps. You can find them here www.d-sonic.net.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

Checked out those amps, very nice! And I would probably get their 7 channel amp, but right now I don't need amps as I already have two 5 channel amps (Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature and Sonance Sonamp 5150). So as far as amplification goes, I've got my bases covered pretty well ;)

But for ones wanting to add an amp(s), these look like ones to get. I like em' :)

If the Denon AVP-A1HD does retail for $7k-$7.5k, then I am definitely getting one! Should be awesome!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I can wait. :P Both NAD and Integra have new ones coming that offer a lot of what the Denon does (not everything, but I don't need two 5.1 systems either!), but for a lot cheaper.

4VTHOKIES

Agent
Real Name
Ted Pugh

If you haven't heard an ICE powered amp you need to whether you are in the market for one or not. Boat loads of power, they show a lot of finese and the way they handle the low end is amazing. No true solid state handles the low end as well. I owned the McIntosh MC207 which is a very fine amp and it handles the low end well but not as nice as the ICE amps. They also run very cool and the price is solid.

I have not heard the D-Sonic but I am getting ready to order one and give them a shot. If it sounds like some of the other ICE amps I will be keeping it especially for the price and it would definately match up well with the new Denon preamp.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I'd like to give those amps a listen ;) I guess the reason I'm not really in a hurry to change out my Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature II is because it sounds so good! It has a LOT of power (850 watts x 5), and like the ICE amps, it also runs very cool.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks