What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

FALCON CREST (1 Viewer)

tom_tagliente

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard any news on FALCON CREST yet? With 2007 fast approaching I wonder when it will make its debut? According to www.falconcrest.org in the news section, it is still set for 2007.

Any news on season 2 of DYNASTY or KNOTS LANDING?

Thanks.

Tom

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We haven't heard any concrete news on Falcon Crest; just rumors that Susan Sullivan was recording audio commentary or some such. It hasn't been scheduled but I expect an announcement soon (I hope). Dynasty and Knots didn't sell well. That's bad news for Knots, and very surprising to me since Dallas is doing so well apparently. As for Dynasty, the rights switched to Paramount so we're hoping they'll look at their new acquisition as viable for dvd treatment. The first season did not sell well, but it also had no Alexis.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
The first season of "Knot's" didn't have Abby either.

The companies who release these products need to remember that many of these shows did not hit their strides until a few years after they premiered. Those are the seasons most people want.

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
i agree, things didn't start heating up in the cul-de-sac till abby arrived.

the best seasons on knot's imho were when chip showed up thru the time

val had her babies stolen, not sure of the seasons those happened in but i'm

willing to wait for those to get on dvd.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
They need to keep in mind that Dynasty didn't even become the number #1 show until its FIFTH season...a time when most shows are dying off. That certainly doesn't happen these days, when a show generally gets its bigger rating ever during the pilot and they bleed off viewers until the show is cancelled. Very few shows ever bounce back like that anymore. Creatively, I think Knots started getting good around season four, though that's up for debate. Dallas hit its stride relatively early, around the middle of season two. As for Falcon Crest, it was good from the beginning until Angela left.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see Falcon Crest on DVD but I have to wonder if the market is really there for a complete series (nine seasons) release.

If Dynasty and Knots Landing haven't sold that well, then I don't hold out much hope for Falcon. Pity because at its height, it was great fun and easily the equal of the other 80's soaps.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Dallas seems to have no trouble selling, so I can't imagine why the other three aren't. All four of the major 80s soaps have their good points, IMO. There is now a strong rumor that Dynasty season 2 will be coming in early 2007, but Knot's season one is now selling at $11.99, which makes it look like they're trying to get rid of it.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator

Dynasty season 1 release - no Joan Collins or Heather Locklear. They should've released seasons 1 & 2 together.

Knots Landing season 1 release - no Donna Mills. They should've released seasons 1 & 2 together.

Knots Landing is getting a UK release - season one is out on 19th February - so I don't think Warners have given up on the show. They wouldn't release it in other regions if it wasn't a seller. The first release of Dallas was a slow seller, but the DVD release gathered momentum once they got to the "Who Shot J.R.?" episodes.

As for Falcon Crest - we'll see. Despite its popularity at the time (it was shown straight after Dallas on Friday nights) and international success, there doesn't seem to be much of a fanbase for it. Episodes are available for download via AOL's In2TV service, so maybe they're testing the water.

There's also the other 1980's Lorimar soap - Flamingo Road. Not much chance of seeing that on DVD, I think.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
And Falcon Crest now has its 25th anniversary, having debuted on 4th December 1981. It would've been good to have Warners announce a DVD release date, but sadly it's not to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks