Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criminal Minds season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,685 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 06:06 AM

I haven't seen an official Criminal Minds thread so I thought I would start one. This was the show we tivo'ed while watching Lost and watched while Lost was on many of its "breaks". We really got in the story lines last season but we missed the season premiere last week due to not remembering to set the tivo while away on vacation.
It seems this year they have amped up the "babe in a tight shirt" quotient quite a bit (no problems there for me!) but the pedophile selling children story was hard to take this week. Is anyone else watching this show?
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 10:29 AM

I've been watching from day one and I love the show. I'm disappointed that apparently Lola Glaudini (Elle Greenaway) can't handle the toil of the show and will be replaced after episode 6 with Paget Brewster. I'm thrilled beyond measure that TPTB kept their promise and added Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia) to the main credits this year. The show wouldn't be nearly as fascinating without her.

Still adjusting to Reid's new haircut... I liked how the freaky, socially awkward long cut suited his character better.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted October 04 2006 - 08:41 AM

Agreed on two counts, David, glad to see Kirsten in the credits and sorry to see Reid's quirky look diminished, but not too worried about losing Elle. She never really resonated with me among the main characters, beyond the pilot episode, and she is supposedly taking a leave of absence (character), so she could potentially return. Unlike, say, Tim Speedle on CSI Miami or Kate on NCIS.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt

Producer

• 3,813 posts

Posted October 06 2006 - 06:09 AM

Its one of my favorite shows

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 06 2006 - 05:07 PM

I'm having fun it with.

Lola Glaudini never did anything for me when she was on NYPD Blue and I haven't found either her or her character any more compelling on this show, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over her leaving.

I did think it was funny that both this show and Close to Home both basically "did" the Karla Homolka-Paul Bernado case in the same week. (Meaning that I had figured out the "mystery" about 5 minutes into both. Posted Image)

Regards,

Joe

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted October 12 2006 - 05:08 AM

I don't watch Close to Home, but as soon as I saw Nicki Aycox on Criminal Minds I knew she was trouble. Just can't get that demon from Supernatural out of my head Posted Image

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 12 2006 - 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Frietze
I don't watch Close to Home, but as soon as I saw Nicki Aycox on Criminal Minds I knew she was trouble. Just can't get that demon from Supernatural out of my head Posted Image

I kept thinking I knew her from somewhere, but I didn't make the connection. Only intermittently watch Supernatural. OK show, but signal quality on my the UPN and WB affiliates carried by my cable company (at total of 4 stations) all sucked, and the worst channel in each case ended up becoming The CW channel. None of them are carried in HD even though the two surviving channels supposedly broadcast that way. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt

Producer

• 3,813 posts

Posted October 30 2006 - 06:39 AM

So do you guys think of what Greenaway did?

I came across this

Quote:
As "Criminal Minds" kicks off what's proving to be a highly successful second season, it's also edging toward the elimination of one of its characters.

Before this year's season kicked off, executive producer Mark Gordon confirmed Elle Greenaway (played by Lola Glaudini) will be leaving the Behavioral Analysis Unit, the show's elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, heading them off before they strike again.

After being shot on the job last season, Elle (the unit's expert in sexual offences) finds the job progressively more stressful - and it shows. Although adamant she return to work after the shooting, she starts the new season disheveled and edgy while out on assignment, and quits the team.

While one of many crime shows flooding the small screen these days, "Criminal Minds" stands out by focusing on the criminal rather than the crime itself. Viewers clearly see the difference, with the show's second episode this season hitting all-time series highs in total viewers and in all key demographics.

The show revolves around Special Agent Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin) -- the FBI's top behavioral analyst -- and Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (Thomas Gibson) -- the unit's leader, a family man skilled at gaining people's trust and unlocking their secrets.

Also on the team are Special Agent Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore), an obsession expert; Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler), a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; Jennifer "JJ" Jareau (AJ Cook), a confident young agent who acts as the unit liaison for the team, and Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness), a computer wizard who helps research the cases.

Each member brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

And, with Elle's departure comes the addition of a new profiler to the team. Actress Paget Brewster ("Huff," "Friends") joins the cast in a regular role this year, putting to rest rumours that Portia de Rossi might be joining the cast.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 30 2006 - 07:02 AM

I don't think she'll be back. I remember reading something earlier in the year about Lola Glaudini leaving the series and assumed that this storyline was their way of writing her out. (Killing her off wouldn'r have been an option even if the producers had been inclined that way, not coming so soon after almost killing her in the cliff-hanger from last season. If they'd known of her plans sooner, they might have just left her dead. Posted Image Whatever the circumstances of her departure, and I have no idea if it was their idea, her idea or a mutual agreement, the door has been left open to having her return for a guest shot.)

Have no idea who might replace her. Not sure if they do. They may "audition" a number of actors/characters via guest-star roles and go with whoever clicks with the audience and the rest of the cast. I wonder if the local cop who worked with Gideon's team on Elle's fatal serial killer investigation was one such.

Regards,

Joe

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted October 30 2006 - 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
Have no idea who might replace her. Not sure if they do. They may "audition" a number of actors/characters via guest-star roles and go with whoever clicks with the audience and the rest of the cast. I wonder if the local cop who worked with Gideon's team on Elle's fatal serial killer investigation was one such.
Per general knowledge, and affirmed in the proceeding post, Glaudini is gone, and is being replaced with Paget 'hot girl who Chandler stole from Joey, ending with him doing time in a box in penance' Brewster.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 30 2006 - 10:52 AM

So, who else would feel a lot better about this if they didn't refer to her as a "show killer?" Posted Image (I don't see how Huff getting picked up for a second season before the first epiosde ever aired counts as "shedding" this image if the show is later cancelled. Posted Image)

The only thing I could find on Lola Glaudini's departure was a brief mention in an article about how Criminal Minds has quietly been gaining on Lost in the ratings:

Quote:
Criminal Minds, meanwhile, will be adjusting to a major cast change. Lola Glaudini, who played the morally ambiguous Agent Greenaway, has left the series to return to the East Coast. Bernero said Glaudini was unhappy living in Los Angeles. (Through a representative, Glaudini declined to comment). Paget Brewster, perhaps best known for a recurring part on Friends, has joined the cast as a new profiler.

Well, Brewster certainly seems to be easy on the eyes, which is always a nice thing. Posted Image Not that Glaudini's unattractive, but she's one of those actresses that some poeple find incredibly attractive who just don't do anything for me at all. I also found her "dark" character rather a downer, much like her doomed NYPD Blue P.A., though in a different way. This woman needs to do a sitcom or something to dissipate the air of gloom she seems to have in every role I see her in. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 01:52 PM

loved last nights episode, even if they stole the concept from the 'SAW' franchise. Well done and this time, the team failed. The writers this season are letting failure be a part of the show in CSI LV and CM. Makes for much more drama and much more watchable than them always getting the bad guy at the last minute. Now, if only 'House' would lose a patient or two. I think it'll happen this season too.

Bill

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt

Producer

• 3,813 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 12:09 PM

Agreed it was a nice change of pace for the show to not 'win'.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow