Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Opie & Anthony on Letterman 8/31


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

    Studio Mogul

  • 38,855 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 1997

Posted August 30 2006 - 09:32 PM

Just to let you fine folks know that O&A will be on
Letterman this evening!

Looking forward to it!

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

 

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations


#2 of 15 Chris*W

Chris*W

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 63 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 14 2004

Posted August 31 2006 - 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Looking forward to it!
As am I.

David Hinckley had an interesting article about their appearance in today's Daily News (http://www.nydailyne....p-377274c.html), and he made the point that it's their chance to prove themselves to an audience that doesn't know who they are. I'm sure the boys will do a great job, and win some new fans. Posted Image

#3 of 15 James St

James St

    Supporting Actor

  • 959 posts
  • Join Date: May 08 1999

Posted August 31 2006 - 01:25 PM

I'll be sleeping. I'm sure there will be plenty of YouTube links available in the morning.

#4 of 15 WillG

WillG

    Producer

  • 5,213 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2003

Posted August 31 2006 - 04:27 PM

Is it me, or is Anthony really Steve Buscemi?
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#5 of 15 KyleC

KyleC

    Supporting Actor

  • 845 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 01 2003

Posted September 01 2006 - 12:40 AM

Here's some screencaps I took last night:


http://i78.photobuck....aletterman.jpg
http://i78.photobuck....letterman2.jpg
http://i78.photobuck....letterman3.jpg
http://i78.photobuck....letterman4.jpg
http://i78.photobuck....letterman5.jpg


Here's the youtube link for anyone who missed it:


#6 of 15 Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

    Second Unit

  • 292 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 22 2003

Posted September 01 2006 - 08:05 AM

...and the showbiz world is abuzz....yeah right :-)

#7 of 15 Jimi C

Jimi C

    Screenwriter

  • 1,209 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 22 2004

Posted September 02 2006 - 11:08 AM

Link removed.. That stinks..

I caught about 3 minutes of this before the local CBS affiliate cut away for some Late breaking news regarding an escaped convict shooting 3 ny state troopers.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#8 of 15 KyleC

KyleC

    Supporting Actor

  • 845 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 01 2003

Posted September 02 2006 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi C
Link removed.. That stinks..

I caught about 3 minutes of this before the local CBS affiliate cut away for some Late breaking news regarding an escaped convict shooting 3 ny state troopers.

This one hasn't:



#9 of 15 Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 182 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 12 2001

Posted September 03 2006 - 03:35 AM

Having just getting a new car, with 6 months of XM free, I can see why O&A are still awful. Remember them on WNEW,and they were awful. Even having free XM,I listen to my Sirius plugin. Two channels of Howard. All the classic bits all holiday weekend. O&A, should wish they had such material, and longevity. The Letterman appearance was no great shakes, as usual.Posted Image

#10 of 15 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

    Studio Mogul

  • 38,855 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 1997

Posted September 03 2006 - 04:03 AM

See the Stern fans decided to come in here and thread fart.

Pretty soon I'm going to decide to combine the XM and Sirius
areas back together again.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

 

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations


#11 of 15 dailW

dailW

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 222 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 28 2004

Posted September 03 2006 - 05:39 AM

ron as an o/a fan do you feel that when they do a show like letterman or even hannity , that they should tell the producers not to bring up stern that its in the past were not on the same format anymore were doing our own thing and having a great time because stern and sirius were brought up more than their own show on xm?

#12 of 15 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

    Studio Mogul

  • 38,855 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 1997

Posted September 03 2006 - 08:15 AM

Dail,

Your question is worded a little strangely so I hope
I answer it to your satisfaction.

I am also being very careful not to point fingers.

O&A did a pre-interview with Letterman's producer a day before
the taping of the show.

I *suspect* that O&A knew the "Stern" questions would be asked.

I also *suspect* that since the boys have had a long-standing
feud with the King of all Media, that they were all-too-happy to
have the topic brought up -- especially with the jabs they got to
do of Howard on national television (and Anthony's hilarious impression).

Being a long-time fan of O&A I know how they are. While Howard
always takes the high road and says "none of this bothers me," the
boys make their feelings known. While some act more dignified in
public than others, it's actually all the stuff that goes on
behind-the-scenes that we just don't know about.

Obviously O&A feel Howard went out of his way to hurt their
career early on to the point where they need to continue bashing
him in public. Obviously, Howard Stern has his own version of the
story and has a more dignified way of dealing with it in public......

...then again, would radio and TV be this interesting if not for the
airing of all this dirty laundry? It's show business!

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

 

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations


#13 of 15 dailW

dailW

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 222 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 28 2004

Posted September 03 2006 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Dail,

Your question is worded a little strangely so I hope
I answer it to your satisfaction.

I am also being very careful not to point fingers.

O&A did a pre-interview with Letterman's producer a day before
the taping of the show.

I *suspect* that O&A knew the "Stern" questions would be asked.

I also *suspect* that since the boys have had a long-standing
feud with the King of all Media, that they were all-too-happy to
have the topic brought up -- especially with the jabs they got to
do of Howard on national television (and Anthony's hilarious impression).

Being a long-time fan of O&A I know how they are. While Howard
always takes the high road and says "none of this bothers me," the
boys make their feelings known. While some act more dignified in
public than others, it's actually all the stuff that goes on
behind-the-scenes that we just don't know about.

Obviously O&A feel Howard went out of his way to hurt their
career early on to the point where they need to continue bashing
him in public. Obviously, Howard Stern has his own version of the
story and has a more dignified way of dealing with it in public......

...then again, would radio and TV be this interesting if not for the
airing of all this dirty laundry? It's show business!

thanks for the reply ron personally i like the feud they have with bubba
i would love to see opie and bubba go at it in the ring and box it out i
dont think it will happen but one can hope

#14 of 15 Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

    Supporting Actor

  • 666 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2001

Posted September 05 2006 - 04:53 AM

I'm not going to slam the boys, but I will say that after hearing them talk about the apperance all week and then finally seeing it on YouTube, I was expecting a bit more entertainment.

And it was obvious that it ended in an uncomfortable moment of silence following the "Yes Senator" comment to which Dave kind of sat there for a moment and than says "well, feel free to take some tennis balls home with you, we have plenty here."

#15 of 15 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

    Lead Actor

  • 6,529 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 19 2002

Posted September 05 2006 - 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Brown
I'm not going to slam the boys, but I will say that after hearing them talk about the apperance all week and then finally seeing it on YouTube, I was expecting a bit more entertainment.

And it was obvious that it ended in an uncomfortable moment of silence following the "Yes Senator" comment to which Dave kind of sat there for a moment and than says "well, feel free to take some tennis balls home with you, we have plenty here."

The actual quote is "Take all the balls you need." Now what Dave meant by that is open to interpretation. Posted Image


Back to Mobile Phones / Entertainment



Forum Nav Content I Follow