-

Photo
- - - - -

Firmware v2.0 now available -- adds TrueHD 5.1, fixes 720p output

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
125 replies to this topic

#121 of 126 Harminder

Harminder

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 05:43 AM

I probably should have posted this before, but I got the 2.0 firmware upgrade disc last Thursday (Aug. 31). Upgraded the player with the disc, went without a hitch and now enjoying all the benefits of the upgrade.

#122 of 126 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 07 2006 - 06:30 AM

I sent my card in on 8/3 and have not heard from Toshiba. I guess the Post Office's last rate increase made them even more efficient at losing or destroying mail. Time to call Toshiba.

#123 of 126 Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

• 1,868 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 11:29 AM

I sent in my card on Aug. 25th, finally received the email this morning ...

"Message from Toshiba Customer Service: Firmware Update for your HD DVD Player" email ... basically telling me ...

Quote:
A new Firmware Update Disc is now available and, if you have not already received it, you will receive it by mail soon.

Of course, I didn't want to wait and so I downloaded the file @ RapidShare and I updated my HD-A1 = 2.0/1.0A/2.0S Posted Image

Phil
My HT Enthusiasts Google Website
---- Toshiba 62HM196 62" 1080p DLP HDTV pic's (#1 in Consumer Reports)
DVD Aficionado (DVDAF) on-going list.
Acquisition Rule #59 “Free advice is seldom cheap.” (Quark @ DS9)
JBL S-Series + SVS 25-31PCi (SN: 00034) w/NSD Upgrade!

#124 of 126 TedD

TedD

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
Ted, not to dispute you, but on what criteria did they base this assumption? If it is solely on the version number, that says nothing about the contents of the software itself. Someone who knows what they are doing can easily modify the instructions within the code and leave the version number intact (or am I just being paranoid?)
You are just being paranoid. At least several hundred members of that other forum have used this version to update their players, myself included. 1,561 downloads for the file so far. Since the file format of the download is not readable, modifiable, or identifiable from a PC, their is no way someone could modify the instructions. It's true that there is no guarantee that Toshiba didn't make a minor change, but that's rather unlikely given the number of people using it with no issues.

However, if you choose to wait, that's your choice.

Ted

#125 of 126 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 08 2006 - 04:19 AM

I had already upgraded firmware via Rapidshare but I wanted to be on the future disc upgrade list so I called Toshiba yesterday to inquire if I was on the firmware upgrade list and I was not. Apparently my card never made it to Toshiba. The CSR was quite nice about it and took all my information and said the discs had just arrived and would be shipping by today so I should have mine in 2-3 weeks.

A bizarre side note: Even though I registered my HD-A1 online the day I bought it, the Toshiba CSR had no record of me or a player matching my SN on file...

#126 of 126 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 05:22 PM

I been waiting and waiting, no disk. Finally called yesterday, it's now in the mail. Seems the guy who set me up last time I called, didn't. Hopefully now I'll automatically get any future firmware updates.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

Forum Nav Content I Follow