Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Talladega Nights discussion and reviews....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 11:30 AM

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

click on watch trailer

http://movies.aol.co...n.adp?mid=22041

looks great!
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Jeff Reis

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 11:56 AM

The main character's name is funny enough to get me to watch. Trailer looks decent--looks like it will follow in Anchorman's uneven but still hilarious path.

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image Posted Image This should be awesome.

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted February 15 2006 - 04:17 AM

eh, looks like more of the same from will ferrell, although he's got a nice accent.

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Stephen Lilley

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 09:03 AM

The trailer didn't really impress me at all - but then again, neither did the original ad campaign for ANCHORMAN. I'll be giving all involved the benefit of the doubt and will check this out.

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,026 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 07:19 AM

I was fortunate enough to have attended the premier and after-party for Will Ferrell's new Nascar comedy "Talladega Nights".

While, I am horrible at writing reviews. I will say that if you like Will Ferrell's humor and/or a Nascar fan. You will enjoy the movie. And if your not....well you may want to wait for a more in-depth review or the dvd. Posted Image

The comedy is very similar to Anchorman. Just substitute newscasters with Nascar drivers and a female reporter with a French driver. Some of the humor was overdone and of course you get the standard Will running around in his underwear.

Here are some pics from the premier and after-party.....(click to enlarge)

Setup
Posted Image

Red carpet (actually its black)
Posted Image

Outside the theater
Posted Image

Concession stand
Posted Image

After-party
Posted Image

more after-party
Posted Image

Some of the stars there....

Bruce Willis
Posted Image

Dale Earnhardt Jr. (My wife was thrilled)
Posted Image

Britney Murphy (I was thrilled and she was very nice) Plus she is hot Posted Image
Posted Image

Will Ferrell (I did get to meet him. Just not when my wife had the camera out)
Posted Image

Michael Clark Duncan
Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Josh.C

Josh.C

Second Unit

• 469 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 08:38 AM

Sweet Todd, how'd you get that hook up? Put me on the list JC

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,026 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 09:34 AM

I was luckily to get the tickets through a charity auction. My wife & I were trying to think of something different to do for our 15th anniversary. When we heard of the auction we knew we had to do it. It was the perfect blending of two things we love Nascar and Movies. We figured it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 12:02 PM

That's awesome that so many (relatively speaking) celebrities were willing to take pictures with you!

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 01:43 PM

Brittany Murphy Posted Image

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 02 2006 - 01:46 PM

Todd, on behalf of quite a few of us:

s(*&(*& you lucky bastard Posted Image

I hope the Charity made good money from you!
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,026 posts

Posted August 02 2006 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, I was suprised. Everyone was relatively friendly. The only person to turn me down for a photo was Sasha Baron Cohen. He was nice and all...signed my poster. But, doesn't like to take pics out of character (Ali G).

And yes, Brittney Murphy was hot. And was real nice. Most of the actors stood for the photo. She came up and said lets take a good one and put her arm around me. Would have been better if her fiance and my wife weren't around. Posted Image (Oh relax!...my wife was fawning over Dale jr) Posted Image

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted August 05 2006 - 07:10 AM

I can't believe nobody'd talking about this. A worthy follow-up to the funniest movie of 2004, Anchorman. Ferrel is at the top of his game and John C Reily has just as many good lines. Highlights include the dinner prayer and knife scene (which are way better than the trailer made them look). My one complaint is that the second-tier actors didn't get as many moments to shine although Ian Roberts' coffin line was gold. Magic Man and El Diablo
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted August 05 2006 - 08:59 AM

On Larry King last night, Reily and Ferrel appeared in character for the entire show. You might still be able to catch it this weekend. ~T

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,123 posts

Posted August 05 2006 - 11:09 AM

I had a good time with this film. It's got decent character arcs, and plenty of laughs, both big and small, and the pacing was also good. The one nitpick I would make is that the racing sequence weren't all that compelling to watch. Most of the cast were clicking on all cylinders. Be sure to stick around for the outtakes immediately after the film. I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,645 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 06 2006 - 10:29 AM

I love ANCHORMAN - watch it all the time.

I loved this movie. DAMN hilarious Posted Image.

Magic Man and El Diablo...

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted August 06 2006 - 11:03 AM

Just another tired comedy with a likeable cast. Rather than going with the wife going with the obnoxious race car owner's son ploy they went with the best friend with the wife. Poor choice. Just another film for the 13 year old boys. Btw, anybody cringe at some of the secondary homosexual references? I'm not talking about the kissing or hand holding of the French dude (sure, pick on the French ... what a stretch). I'm talking about a homosexual dude holding another dude down on a pool table while he takes a beer bottle (face sideways around hip level) on the table. He should have been crying out 'Jodie Foster where are you?'

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,202 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 06 2006 - 04:25 PM

Oh my God was this film stupid — but in a good way. Gary Cole's role as Reese Bobby, the mostly absent father, may be my favorite of all his roles.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,282 posts

Posted August 06 2006 - 11:49 PM

Gary Cole stole the show, IMO, but the movie was great fun all around.

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 06:37 PM

can't believe this movie isn't getting the love on this board. i saw it last night and it's by far the funniest movie this year, i think. so many laughs spread throughout the movie. i went with a non-Will-Farrell fan and we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt. i think before Talladega, my favourite Farrell film was Elf. this one's up there too.
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users