What's new

The most you've ever seen a movie in theaters (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Whats the most number of times you've seen one movie in the theaters?
I saw The Fifth Element 5 times in theaters. A month or so after release it made its way to our local dollar theater, so I just kept going with people who hadn't seen it.
- Justin

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Back in the 1970's I was used to seeing the same movie again and again in theaters, saw 'Enter the Dragon' about 20 times, 'Jaws' and 'Star Wars' about 10 times each.
Recent years I see a film once than wait for the DVD.

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
I have this problem where I'll see a movie and if it's good, insist on taking everyone I know to see it. But I can never get everyone together at once so I'll routinly see a movie 3 or 4 times in theater, sometimes more. These are a few recent ones I can think of that I saw quite a few times.
Star Wars Trilogy: SE - 8 times each
The Matrix - 6
Gladiator - 5
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - 5
Go! - 3 times in one week. Saturday, sunday and then saturday the next weekend.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I saw Return of the Jedi(original release) 3 times.
I saw E.T. 3 times.
I saw Jurassic Park 8 times.
I saw Titanic 5 times.
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Though (obviously) not in the same theatrical run, I've seen Orson Welles' Touch of Evil 5 times in commercial theatres.
I've seen it theatrically in every conceivable length, the recent 111 minute version, the previous 108 minute one, and the truncated, barely-makes-sense-anymore 95 minute cut. The last one pissed me off at the time, but now it's neat to say that I've seen what most viewers had to endure back in 1958. It's no wonder it wasn't a big hit at the time.
I don't think there are any films I've seem theatrically more than 5 times.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It was definitely Star Wars in the original 1977 run. I don't remember how many times we saw it, but it was a lot that summer.
Actually, now that I think about it, I take that back. It was probably Rocky Horror, which I went to with various friends a lot for a while. Seeing it with a live audience was pretty hilarious.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jurassic Park was the big winner for me. It is by no means my own favorite movie, although it's up there. But it seems like I kept having friends who wanted to see it with me. That happenned 3-4 times, and I *never* see a film more than once in a theatre! Not because I don't want to; I just never have had get-out time to get to theatres with friends, nor do I like to go alone (I don't like to eat out alone either; I'm funny that way).
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I saw the original Star Wars 10 times.
The most obsessed that I have been for a movie would have to be Under Siege. I watched that movie six times in the first seven days of release (I worked at the theater).

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Star Wars is probably first for me. I know I saw it 5+ times in theaters during it's initial release and re-release plus 2 times at drive-ins and again during the Special Edition release. Maybe 8-10 times total.
Second place would be Batman. I think I saw that 5 times in theaters.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark 13 times. I couldn't get enough of this movie. Unfortunately, all the sequels were such disappointments to me. Can't wait for this one to get released on DVD.

Holden Pike

Stunt Coordinator
As a lad I saw Star Wars at least 23 times in the theaters. My brother and I actually lost count. Between '77 and '80 saw it over twenty times, that's for sure. If it was 23 or 28, can't be sure anymore.
More recently, I saw Rushmore six times, and Memento five (so far).

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I went to see a matinee double bill of Manchurian Candidate and Touch of Evil at my local repertory cinema, and liked both so much, that I staid for the secoins showing of each... and the seats weren't comfortable.... its the oldest cinema in London, and hasnt seen much refurbishment!
Other than that.... Fight Club 5 times... including 2 showings in one day!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Wizards. It played one weekend when I was a freshman in college and I saw it 3 times Friday, 3 times Saturday and 2 times Sunday (i.e., every time it played).
A friend of mine was far worse. She was so thrilled by Rocky she literally dropped out of college to go watch it all day. Can we say issues? I have no idea how many times she saw it but it must have been over 200.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The Phantom Menace 5 times.
I'll break that record when Fellowship of the Ring comes out this December. Easily.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
The Empire Strikes Back.
Between the summer of 1980 and it's rereleases I'm not sure how many times I've seen it. I would say at least ten times.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks