What's new

Dakota Fanning as Member of the Academy (1 Viewer)

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if she is the first minor to be a member, but how does this work?

How does the MPAA feel about this? Does she have to have a parent or guardian present if she watches rated R films? What if...god forbid...an NC-17 film were to become "Oscar worthy"?

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
They probably feel no different about it than they do about her appearing in a rated R movie, something she's done in the past.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Haley Joel Osment is a member because of his Sixth Sense nom, right? And as I recall from the publicity at the time, he wasn't the first either.

But I'd rather have them than some of the dinosaurs who make up the bulk of the Academy. I remember a couple years ago seeing an interview with James Garner in which he admitted to not watching films like Pulp Fiction when they're nominated.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't Tatum O'Neal, too?

Dakota's probably smarter and more cultured than a sizable number of the adults in the Academy, so I'm not that worried. But then, the Academy doesn't really matter, so I probably wouldn't be worried anyway.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Is it just me, or does it seem like Dakota Fanning has been the same age for like 10 years.

Every time I see her in a movie, she looks the same as she did in the last one.

Maybe she's an alien or a robot (2 things Spieberg would love to do another movie about :))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks