Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater is no longer my #1 hobby

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 10:05 AM

For the longest time HT was my #1 hobby, a good 8 years or so, at least. Well, it's taken a backseat, it's now #2. In fact I only watched one movie in my HT within the past 2 weeks.

I am now addicted to my new hobby, this...
Posted Image

I picked her up almost 3 weeks ago and cannot stay off the road. What funds I had set aside for HT have now been diverted to my MINI. I just bought a center armrest, a rear spoiler, some new bonnet decals are about to be ordered and last week I added the Hella 500 driving lights. More is coming as the funds roll in.

I am addicted to driving this thing, it is by far the most fun of any car / truck / SUV I have ever driven and I've driven a lot. I cannot stop wanting to get in and just Motor, no direction, no destination just go and keep going.

It's a 2003, 5-speed, MC in the British Racing Green. It took a while to find her but the wait paid off. She's in near perfect condition with only a few small dings. I also got a 4 year / 48k bumper-to-bumper warranty with her.

Hers's couple more pics for you viewing pleasure (before the addition of the driving lights).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've also joined a couple MINI forums and looking into joining some local MINI clubs as well. This car is just too much fun! I still love Home Theater but damn I did not know this thing would be so addictive.

Anyone else have a car they just cannot stay out of?
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#2 of 36 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 11:02 AM

i don't have a car i can't stay out of (yet), but i'm glad you love your mini, because i'm giving serious thought to buying one. CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#3 of 36 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 11:21 AM

Looks like a blast. You gonna throw a supercharger in there at all?

#4 of 36 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 12:19 PM

No, at least not for several years. I thought about buying the "S" but before that came the color, I wanted British Racing Green and there were none to be found, also I wasn't going to buy new. Plus, better gas milage with this as well. I don't plan on doing any racing so that was yet another factor. .

#5 of 36 OFFLINE   Kyle McCabe

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 12:27 PM

I like it! I've always been a "big ugly truck" kinda guy, but I'm looking into a small car as my next vehicle purchase. That's pretty sweet looking! I do have a motorcycle that I can't seem to stay off of. Probably to my demise.
.::Forum Sponsor::.
Carolina Furniture Group
Authorized Dealer in Home Theater Seating

#6 of 36 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 01:07 PM

i'm not sure whether to get the S or not. the supercharger would be nice, but i'm not sure if it is worth the extra money to me. how much were the driving lights, and were they tough to put on? CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#7 of 36 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 01:08 PM

My wife wants a mini coop as our next car. Hasn't decided on a color yet...

#8 of 36 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 01:12 PM

Like you Kyle, for almost all my life I've driven only trucks or SUVs, I'm tired of the BIG. That was another factor Christ, price, the "S" was several thousand more. The driving lights I found at Walmart for $63. I built my own brackets using Simpson Strong Tie brackets from Home Depot. To buy the factor brackets that mount to the bonnett your looking at about $150. If I find some on the cheap I'll buy'em but not at that price. My rear spoiler is being shipped Monday, this is one upgrade that I cannot wait to put on. Really adds to the look of the MINI.

#9 of 36 OFFLINE   JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,775 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 07:58 AM

Home Theater was my #1 hobby, now its my #3. 1. Motorcycle (Ducati) 2. Car (Audi)

#10 of 36 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 08:04 AM

I thought Brew was. -- H

#11 of 36 OFFLINE   Steve Ridges

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 08:26 AM

I'm the same way with my Honda Ridgeline. I'm always looking for excuses to drive it and I spend WAY too much time on the forums. I find that a lot of people either love it or hate it...probably the same with the new mini. It's fun to have something a little different.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 of 36 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 10:14 AM

Ron, Ron, Ron.....

What about Winona Ryder? Posted Image
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#13 of 36 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,993 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 12:01 PM

While I haven't given up my ht love...I just picked up the Dodge Charger. It looks like this one. And I love.

Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#14 of 36 OFFLINE   Kyle McCabe

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 06:05 PM

Steve, What kind of gas mileage does your Ridgeline get? I like! Regards, Kyle
.::Forum Sponsor::.
Carolina Furniture Group
Authorized Dealer in Home Theater Seating

#15 of 36 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted June 07 2006 - 04:42 PM

Brew is not really a hobby, more so a way of life. Well, back to my MINI hobby. Got the OEM driving light brackets today so I spent the past couple hours attaching them to the bonnet and getting the lights wired up. Not operational yet, but soon. Also, got the UPS tracking number for my rear spoiler, it'll be here Monday and my armrest should arrive any day now. She's getting all dressed up. Next, new bonnet racing stripes.

#16 of 36 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted June 07 2006 - 05:23 PM

#17 of 36 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted June 08 2006 - 12:14 PM

I drank it. Posted Image

#18 of 36 OFFLINE   Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted June 08 2006 - 06:34 PM

What's all this "bonnet" business? Is that what the Mini crowd says to refer to the hood? Just wonderin'...Cheers. DS.
"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff'll make ya a goddam sexual tyrannasorse...just like me!"

-The former Gov. Ventura

See It...In StrotoVision!!

#19 of 36 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted June 09 2006 - 01:40 AM

Home Theater is still #1 for me......but if I had the money I would buy the Mustang GT. I absolutely love this car which is not surprising since I used to love the old Mustangs as a kid. For now though I can only dream about owning one. *goes shuffling off to sit in a corner and sulk* Posted Image
Recently watched- Trancers, Don Jon, Under Fire, Major Dundee: Extended Version, Brannigan, Used Cars, Hard Times, The Mechanic(1972), The Dogs Of War, Fast & Furious 6, The Vanishing(1993), Fast Five, Fast & Furious, The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Heartbreak Ridge

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific

"I have only three commands. When I signal you to come, you come. When I signal you to charge, you charge. And when I signal you to run - you follow me and run like hell!"

#20 of 36 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted June 09 2006 - 02:33 AM

I hear ya Joseph, I had a 1989 5.0 LX that was my baby for 12 years until I needed an SUV. I love that commercial where the dad and his son are taking that blue one for a spin and the dad says "now thats what i'm talking about" it makes my heart go pitter patter. Now that i'm older and have a mortgage and other obligations, the closest I can come is to go sit in one and make motor noises with my mouth (sigh).
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users